The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got this new watch minus a movement for a build ..and to my surprise...i am not able to find any movements..i am told any 7S26 or 7S36 will fit..it has that clear back too...so if it looks a little rough it will show...every where i check..they are out of stock or none available..if it were not that i needed it soon..i would put it on the back burner...any sources i may have over looked?...any help will be so appreciated...watch is a SNK809..so i want it to be very reliable...and it has to have the black day and date wheels too

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I believe this is available brand new from Dagaz (10watches.com) @ $50 with your favoured black day date wheels.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just looked and they are out of stock...thank you for the help

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
It might be worth sending an email and asking if they will be in again, I notice for months now the silver date version has said coming "soon"

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i will do that...great idea..they may have not update the website

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
If it's a project anyway you could go with a 4r35 or 4r36, or nh35/36 without Seiko branding. I have one in an skx171 and another in a 7002. They're around $40, but last I checked my source had been out of the nh36 for a year. They still had the nh35 (date only) last I checked. PM me if you want details.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
If it's a project anyway you could go with a 4r35 or 4r36, or nh35/36 without Seiko branding. I have one in an skx171 and another in a 7002. They're around $40, but last I checked my source had been out of the nh36 for a year. They still had the nh35 (date only) last I checked. PM me if you want details.
Are you saying a 7002 diver can have other movements and include day & date? If so what's involved, movement holder rings used etc?

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Seiko has stopped manufacturing the 7s26
Are you sure about that?, this was a rumour that was soon dispelled by the introduction of the 7S26C movement.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i will need one...i am watching a few donor watches..what is the difference of the c?...any improvements?..will the others work the same?...

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i will keep looking...what is the c variant?..any improvement to it?..

·
Registered
507 Posts
"Time Module NH36 / Seiko 4R36 is a new caliber, introduced in 2011 as replacement for now discontinued 7S26.
7S26 was in production for almost 15 years with the last version release in 2009"

-this is a direct quote from a watchmaker (Nick Hacko -the man behind the online 7s26 DIY series).

·
Registered
188 Posts
"Time Module NH36 / Seiko 4R36 is a new caliber, introduced in 2011 as replacement for now discontinued 7S26.
7S26 was in production for almost 15 years with the last version release in 2009"

-this is a direct quote from a watchmaker (Nick Hacko -the man behind the online 7s26 DIY series).
so that means that SKX007/009 divers are going to be upgraded anytime soon?

·
Registered
2,288 Posts

That was Jake B take on the 7s26 as well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts