The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Craftsman
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did it go? Any photo's? Inquiring minds unable to attend wanna know!

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
SeikoPsycho2 said:
How did it go? Any photo's? Inquiring minds unable to attend wanna know!
Hey Tom, we had a good time. I'll be posting pics in the next day or two. I didn't take as many as Chris, but I'll be posting pics.

Cheers!
Mike

·
Craftsman
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OldHippie1968 said:
Hey Tom, we had a good time. I'll be posting pics in the next day or two. I didn't take as many as Chris, but I'll be posting pics.

Cheers!
Mike
Thanks Mike! Looking forward to the photo's.............. ;)
Tom

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
It was a good time. We happened to have the meet accidentally coincide with the US/England game and it didn't dawn on anyone that the bar we were at would get mobbed by every fart boy and sorority girls on the east side of Manhattan. It was nice hanging out with old friends and getting to meet some new ones. Also, seeing some collections was a blast - the sorority girls were cute too. ;D

I personally got a really nice gift from Mike of an early model G-shock, which I wore all weekend long (Thanks Mike!). I'll write a review of it sometimes this week.

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Isthmus said:
It was a good time. We happened to have the meet accidentally coincide with the US/England game and it didn't dawn on anyone that the bar we were at would get mobbed by every fart boy and sorority girls on the east side of Manhattan. It was nice hanging out with old friends and getting to meet some new ones. Also, seeing some collections was a blast - the sorority girls were cute too. ;D

I personally got a really nice gift from Mike of an early model G-shock, which I wore all weekend long (Thanks Mike!). I'll write a review of it sometimes this week.
Yessiree! The sorority girls were cute indeed! Especially the two on the couch! ;) ;) You are most welcome for the G Gabe. I felt you were dragging your feet waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy to long to get a G! Here's your G's humble beginnings.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
Enjoy!

Cheers!
Mike

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
WOAh That's an amazing transformation. I'll never look at a beat up old G the same way again. How hard is it to source those replacement bezels and straps?

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Isthmus said:
WOAh That's an amazing transformation. I'll never look at a beat up old G the same way again. How hard is it to source those replacement bezels and straps?
Be careful! They can be addictive! ;) ;) As far as sourcing parts, they are rather abundant for these as long as you are tracking down parts for the garden variety models(black). Parts for others are more difficult to find. Yellow it tough, but not impossible. The green or blue bezels are damn near impossible to find. Replacement black bezels and bands are still produced as replacement parts from Casio(last I checked). Yellow, green and blue are no-longer available through Casio. The only sources I know of would be an aftermarket outfit, but you have to be careful of quality control issues.

Cheers!
Mike

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
GarageBoy said:
I did not know that was a screw back 5600.
Indeed I didn't realize that only the early ones where screw backs, since most that I'd seen where screwed down plates. Needless to say I am incredibly impressed. If only these old G's could use the modern electroluminescent display of the modern ones...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts