The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
29,516 Posts
Would it perhaps not be easier and cheaper to just buy matching dials Cindy ??

ps: Fluffy :-[ says hi to elvis ha ha ( I do have two dogs as well but he always comes and watches when i take a watch picture out side in natural light, he hopes i have food i think ;D )

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if we can find them yes. we are trying to mod quartz 7548 into 6309 cases with lumed numbers but i do not know of dials that would fit that scenerio.. i/we am/are open to any suggestions.

oh ya, Elvis, Ebony and Grunt all say--come on over and play Fluffy (hehehe)

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Cindy, you might be better off from a price POV to just have custom dials made, instead of trying to modify an existing dial.

Try contacting a company called Robert Pope & Co. in Toronto, Canada.

Their address is: http://www.robertpope.com/

to my knowledge they don't restore dials, but do very high end reproductions of them. Talk to them about what you need, but it helps to ask them about what they might already have in their files (they have thousands of dials). To do your own, do a mock up of the dial on a sheet of paper. It helps to Included a picture of any other dial you are trying to emulate and give them as much exact information as possible (drawings measurements, etc.). Tell them exactly what colors you want and were you want them, as well as any exact writing to be found on the dial, both on the face and at the base and on the main plate of the dial. It helps to provide them with the original dial that belongs to the specific watch. Depending on the dial, they can probably strip and refinish it, or use it as a base from which to make a custom one (so you can get proper dial feet, etc). The dial can often be painted and have designs applied digitally as per request.

There was a member around here a few years ago who had a Seiko bullhead dial redone to resemble an Omega speedy pro and the whole cost came to 55 dollars Canadian at the time (he's the guy who put me on to these guys in canada).

Popes can do exact museum quality reproductions (as in the case of rare watches with messed up dials) but they cost more.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Here are my modded 7548 and 6309 by Noah to reflect the Toucan Bird of Paradise colors. as a matching pair for my wife and myself....Noah had the freedom to choose a different hand set!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts