The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a Bulova Super Seville (the gold plated version) and the longer i look, the more i want it :grin: Some (read: all) of you must know the feeling haha.

Are there any Super Seville owners on here who can give me a little bit of a review or experiences about the watch?

Some pics from google:

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I had one, serial was N9(1979). the winding weight wore out, couldn't find parts, though it could still be handwound. ended up selling it.

its around 35mm with 20 mm lugs. its great if you can pair it with a President-style bracelet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had one, serial was N9(1979). the winding weight wore out, couldn't find parts, though it could still be handwound. ended up selling it.

its around 35mm with 20 mm lugs. its great if you can pair it with a President-style bracelet.
I could only find a few on ebay, but no hurries. Do you think the price of 280 - 380 is normal or overpriced? I find it a bit steep

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
cant really tell.... vintage watch prices here are a lot lower compared to ebay. got mine for around 90USD, almost 2 years ago

Sent from my B15Q using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
certain vintage brands sell for a lot less here, since demand isnt that good. i've heard friends comment they do much better selling their vintage watches abroad

·
Special Member
7,648 Posts
I had this exact SS in all gold on the President with the display back a gold color movement. That's the only way to go.

I liked it but never wore it so as always that means sell it. I let it go for $200-225 range a few years ago. Kept really excellent time.

I found the fluted bezel disappointed in person due to age related wear, it did not "pop" like a Rolex does. Thats because the Rollie uses 18K gold vs gold hued stainless steel.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Hi, where I can find the serial number to get the production date?
On the caliber?
Thanks
Andrea

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm looking at a Bulova Super Seville (the gold plated version) and the longer i look, the more i want it :grin: Some (read: all) of you must know the feeling haha.

Are there any Super Seville owners on here who can give me a little bit of a review or experiences about the watch?
Amazing watch! I have a "silver" one with president bracelet, and I love it!
I think it is a "MUST HAVE" piece in a vintage collection!

Attachments

·
Special Member
4,589 Posts
here is mine in the middle. Back around 2008 I found 2 on Yahoo Japan auctions. I bought one and a friend in Calif. bought the other. It was an NOS version for $80 each.
The winding was rough, gritty, so I thought one day to have it serviced. Quite a nice piece.
3 midsized comparison by toypoodleKimi, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I had one for a while, two tone but the bracelet gold plating was worn. I had searches on eBay for months and never found a bracelet. Sold it in the end and sure enough I had a notification the other day from eBay "bulova super Seville bracelet, 1 item found"

Was a nice watch, decent movement and nice date change.

I do have quite a similar watch now, a Ricoh day date.

·
Special Member
4,589 Posts
I had one for a while, two tone but the bracelet gold plating was worn. I had searches on eBay for months and never found a bracelet. Sold it in the end and sure enough I had a notification the other day from eBay "bulova super Seville bracelet, 1 item found"

Was a nice watch, decent movement and nice date change.

I do have quite a similar watch now, a Ricoh day date.
....as in my photo above?? Mine was brand new in the box, bought from a collector who died. The bracelets on all these were rather flimsy so I removed them and installed straps.:grin:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
My bulova was two tone gold and steel. My Ricoh is all steel but missing an end link for the bracelet. It's not a president on my Ricoh though, has almost a H link style with signed clasp.

Funny story on the bulova. When I bought it there as an odd end link on one side, turned out to be a genuine Rolex end link. Obviously back when it was replaced the watch maker had one to hand and they were no doubt worthless. I stuck it on eBay with no Reserve and it sold for about 3 times what the whole watch cost me!

·
Registered
35 Posts
....as in my photo above?? Mine was brand new in the box, bought from a collector who died. The bracelets on all these were rather flimsy so I removed them and installed straps.:grin:
Could you show me the Super Seville original box?
I'm looking for a Super Seville Box but on the web seems imposible to find also some pictures..:(

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Andrea,
The movement should bear the bulova year code. On 60s and earlier bulova watches the code is on the caseback as well

·
Registered
35 Posts
Andrea,
The movement should bear the bulova year code. On 60s and earlier bulova watches the code is on the caseback as well

Many Thanks mate, and compliments for your Ricoh!!
Anyway here in Italy the Super seville prices are higher!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Yes, I believe it, checking the internet. Some are selling for $3-500.00!!
How many sell for that though? Seems to be the way on eBay, lots of watches buy it now for crazy money yet if you actually want to sell the only way you’ll know what it’s really worth is by auctioning it. I can’t remember what I got for mine recently but it wasn’t a lot. The eta movement had just been serviced too, the gold on the bracelet was quite worn though but the Watch head was nice and fitted on a leather strap and it made nowhere near what I see them on but it now’s for. Even ropey ones people want a fortune for.

Yours do look exceptional though.

I’ll have to try & get a pic of my Ricoh, wouldn’t mind an end link for it. I was going to wear it on a strap but it’s one of those watches that has a terrible gap on a strap and only looks good on the bracelet.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts