The Watch Site banner

41 - 60 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
That happens when the gear in the watch controlling the seconds hand
gave up or either broke a tooth on it. I have couple that need Parts also
Duplex (C506's ) here awaiting that same fix, but need extra movements to fix them.
Have to come by some times so I have to wait. Not hard but what kind of watch it might
be that makes the fix difficult to do.
( Picture of model below. )

Try to reset it , but remember It won't reset some mode's if it is between
......... (9:00 and 3:00-4:00 ? ) on the time.
This especially for the ( Day/ Date ) to be set right.
It might be in a wrong mode also. ..... Or ..... Mainly a service id due for it.
The movement might have old grease or oil in it preventing it to function properly.
If it is a .... ( Chrono ), a competent watch maker should be able to
do it or ......... Send it to .......... " Citizen's USA, Torrance Calif. ".
So my 3745 pooped out two days ago! Now packed up and ready to go to Citizen for a battery, pressure test, and fix anything wrong. Good thing I have a few "backups" while this one is out.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have the same watch with in the blue dial version. The second hand has stopped but the watch is still keeping great time. I think I will have to send mine in for a tune up. I'm not sure what the cost will be.

Would you mind letting me know what exactly is wrong with yours? Have you sent it in for repair yet? Let me know. Thanks!

So my 3745 pooped out two days ago! Now packed up and ready to go to Citizen for a battery, pressure test, and fix anything wrong. Good thing I have a few "backups" while this one is out.

Attachments

·
Registered
628 Posts
Also.....I had the exact watch but passed it on to a great friend.:D
Yeah, I'll let you know what the problem is and what they quote. They have it now so I should hear something next week.

The last two 3745's I sent in needed new movements, batteries and gaskets. Each one totaled out to about $170 including shipping back to me. I only did it because cosmetically they were pretty much flawless & one has sentimental value which I've owned since new.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yeah, I'll let you know what the problem is and what they quote. They have it now so I should hear something next week.

The last two 3745's I sent in needed new movements, batteries and gaskets. Each one totaled out to about $170 including shipping back to me. I only did it because cosmetically they were pretty much flawless & one has sentimental value which I've owned since new.
Nice! I love the Aqualand divers. I have one with the lume dial on here for sale now. I have two so I decided to let one go. I also have the orange dial.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Good prices and it would be good to retest it before use in diving
What diver Model did you get ?
Like I Said I just got this one of the Bay, but dead as a door nail,
all rusted up so its a complete re-do here. I need to find a better Dial also.
I would like to get some different Dial models and their case backs just
for use on a couple. They don't have to be in top shape also, just parts watchs.
This one I have but need a new dial I am sure.

The First one - The dial is sort of lifting already. Has a little bubble in it, but I am
going to try some thing I learned and see if it works out.
But looking for other varieties also. The Dials are what I need the most.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Ok. I sent a C023 to Hurley Roberts in Atlanta GA and they wanted $175 dollars. Its a different watch I know but I thought that was expensive.
That would be the asking price to do these and if they can find the
needed parts for it. But that is a good price if it is a have to do it.
I do my own now, but parts hard to find too. The main part to always have is
the circuit boards. the rest is easy. Even if a parts watch is bought it still
might need a new board to work properly.
That is always the main problem with these.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 131 Posts