The Watch Site banner

21 - 40 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
I found these on Craigslist in California. I paid $100 for all 6. I gave one to a friend and I wear the titanium duplex almost every weekend. The one second from the top on the left needs a new crystal and bracelet. I haven't tried sourcing parts yet. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
628 Posts
Wow! You all have a lot of nice Aqualands! I'll have to post some pix sometime myself.

LongBike, maybe you know where to find a 22mm rubber strap for my C023 second gen Aqualand (like the original one, but with round markers instead of rectangle)?

I asked Citizen the last time I had them on the phone and they said it wasn't available anymore (May of this year). I'd like to find an original Citizen 22mm strap for it...I only see models on the net that "will fit 22mm Citizen"...they don't look the same.

Also, I have purchased a few project watches just to take them apart to learn. Fun hobby!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Wow! You all have a lot of nice Aqualands! I'll have to post some pix sometime myself.

LongBike, maybe you know where to find a 22mm rubber strap for my C023 second gen Aqualand (like the original one, but with round markers instead of rectangle)?

I asked Citizen the last time I had them on the phone and they said it wasn't available anymore (May of this year). I'd like to find an original Citizen 22mm strap for it...I only see models on the net that "will fit 22mm Citizen"...they don't look the same.

Also, I have purchased a few project watches just to take them apart to learn. Fun hobby!

Thanks!
Aloha Sir , that is how it is done for doing all kind of watchs. If one does them one can continue on into many areas. After a few they tend to become easy and can be done. If you have parts let me know and maybe I can meet your prices if to be sold. I like the ... " Bits and Pieces " things also so keep in touch. Just PM me and can go from there.
Aloha

·
Registered
141 Posts
This is what happens when you go " Aqualand Hunting " and continue to find them.
This is a little close too ( Half ) of what I have now.
( Not counting what I have in other types of watchs. )

I have to many of the same model type so need other models to add to collection.

But always looking for different models also even if just cases or parts to
start with.
I like " Bit's and Pieces " to work with.
Aloha
Bloody hell :)

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Maybe you need a few more posts to do all that.
That's probably why you cant post yet.

A good introduction helps a lot to be recognized as a new member.

Note:Be sure to let people know who you are and a bit more
to get adjusted on here.

Go down to where it says ........... Manage Attachments.

Click there and page pop's up, and use the Menu to find you
computer pictures .
Then use ..........Upload , then close the page and ...... SAVE.
Then click save that's all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I've been "lurking" here for a while, but this thread inspired me to post.

A friend of mine got me hooked on watches a few years ago. A couple dozen watch later, I am now focused on vintage divers with interesting cases/features.

That's where my love of Aqualands started. First I got a modern Duplex, then an all original c023. A lume face chrono followed and recently that same friend gave me an older two-tone duplex.

Now, I want one of each but I'm really looking for an analog "5" hand model....I've recent missed a couple on the bay....

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hey they look great and very clean too. I have those , but need
parts watch for the ( (Duplex) watch you posted ). The second picture
I have one but not working yet so have to find one for parts.
You starting out great on your collecting.:72:

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks, longbike. Maybe I'll be like you when I grow up. :)

Looking good, allkindsofwatches...
Thank you Sir that is a Honorable compliment given. I appreciate that
very much. I really must be a person of Honesty and Respectability
in my life time even if some say different. It really has benefited me to be
like I am. It has gotten to me to where I am today and will continue to
be like that.
Aloha

·
Registered
314 Posts
You'll love this watch and even more so if you dive with it. It wears more comfortable with a 26mm 5 ring zulu band.
I'm ashamed to say that I'm not a diver although I have planned to dive since I first joined the Navy back in 1988. I got kind of serious early this summer but never did it. All the money I've spent on dive watches would've probably covered the cost of the divers course

·
Registered
529 Posts
I love my aqualands so I have just sent a letter to Citizen. I don't know if I'm alone in my desire for an ecodrive aqualand that is a bit easier to ware than the current offering.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Dear valued employee of Citizen.
Could you please send this to the appropriate research and development team on my behalf.
I really like my Citizen watches.
I especially like your aqua land divers and your eco-drive watches.
I also like your proximity but I've never seen one in the flesh

I'm sure you get 1,000,001 suggestions on a daily basis of what would be a great watch.
I would love to see an Eco drive based on your aqualand digital analog series.
The beauty about this watch is it is wearable on a daily basis but has great features that make swimming diving surfing and adventuring just that little bit more fun.

I see that you have a large aqua land dive watch that has great features but it is unfortunately not wearable on a daily basis.
It is very dive specific. I love the colours and the features Especially the electroluminescence.

Your analog Eco drive aqualand is more ware able but lacks the digital display that makes the digital analog so fun to ware.

Awesome features of the digital analog.
The hands that allow you to see the digital display
The menu is simple
The watch doesn't have a huge profile that sits high off your wrist.
It's big but not huge.
Can replace different bands on it.
Has just enough dive info to make it fun but not useless.
Luminescence.
Rotating bezel.
Looks rugged but could be worn out.

What would make it even awesomer is a
-battery that you don't have to change.
-an hour beep especially if you could have an option to only beep between 7am and 10 pm.
-Countdown timer
-Electro luminescence or nightlight is great.

And in the imaginary world a way to adjust your alarms and download your data via Bluetooth or the like would be incredible.

Thank you for making such a cool watch and please consider my thoughts for future development.

Cam

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I have the first Two, but not especially with the Digital one.
These are my keepers a lot more but still a few more models
yet to be satisfied on some of them.
Aloha

Attachments

21 - 40 of 131 Posts