The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is got to be more then " ME ", on here that loves their Aqualand
watchs. :a102:I can't be the only one or am I ? There has got
to be someone else to discuss these watchs. I have had this " BUG ", for some time and enjoy it very much.
If there are others lets talk about them.:051bye::93:
Funny, I joined here, and " Neilo1 ", left right after.
Was it .......... " Hereditary " ?
I need a partner . :57:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yes Sir, I like them too, they are my favorites. In fact, I see you have purchased watches which I was watching on my 'watch' list which consists only of watches on the bay!

Here is a question: Is it common to have the second hand just stop working on a 3745 module? The minute and hour hand still work, but not the second hand. It stopped about a week ago. I will probably just send it to citizen. Love me an Aqualand!

·
Registered
931 Posts
I didn't like those watches with the wart on the side , but it must be contagious , something I caught from you 'cause now I have 2 of them....and I like them ???

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes Sir, I like them too, they are my favorites. In fact, I see you have purchased watches which I was watching on my 'watch' list which consists only of watches on the bay!

Here is a question: Is it common to have the second hand just stop working on a 3745 module? The minute and hour hand still work, but not the second hand. It stopped about a week ago. I will probably just send it to citizen. Love me an Aqualand!
That happens when the gear in the watch controlling the seconds hand
gave up or either broke a tooth on it. I have couple that need Parts also
Duplex (C506's ) here awaiting that same fix, but need extra movements to fix them.
Have to come by some times so I have to wait. Not hard but what kind of watch it might
be that makes the fix difficult to do.
( Picture of model below. )

Try to reset it , but remember It won't reset some mode's if it is between
......... (9:00 and 3:00-4:00 ? ) on the time.
This especially for the ( Day/ Date ) to be set right.
It might be in a wrong mode also. ..... Or ..... Mainly a service id due for it.
The movement might have old grease or oil in it preventing it to function properly.
If it is a .... ( Chrono ), a competent watch maker should be able to
do it or ......... Send it to .......... " Citizen's USA, Torrance Calif. ".

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
I loved my Aqualand, got it in 1998 whilst working in Germany, and took it diving in Malta. So many fond memories with that watch, but tough times meant I had to let go of it, but alas, things in life got better over time, a move from the UK to Finland, and a wedding later, and own business booming, I hunted around for another watch, exactly the same condition.

Low and behold, also in Germany, I found a seller on ebay.de selling his NOS Aqualand Hyper, never worn, nothing, so snapped it up, boxed with everything. Shipped it off to Citizen for a battery, and boom, perfect.

I have just purchased another, its in quite poor shape with water damage, but my plans on to try and save it by stripping it down, and if I can salvage the movement, I will perform the reverse lcd mod on that one as I have always fancied that look of an LCD display.

Damn, did I just type all that^^^?

I need to get out more lol

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds good and hope your next is a profitable one also.
These are not to hard to fix considering parts are had. The
more you do them the better you will get.
Myself I really don't fancy the Hyper Diver but like the others more.
But if one comes along just for collection sake I might get it
if the price range is there. Never like full faced Digitals.
Hope you enjoy yours and make good use of it too.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks LongBike, I had done the reset with no positive results, but tried two more times and woke up the second hand to move in two-second intervals telling me a new battery is needed. I'll send it off to citizen for service. I had purchased this one on ebay so history is unknown. It appears well taken care of and no slip marks on the back from a hack trying to open the case. The last two 3745's that had the second hand stop both required new movements ($)! Love me an Aqualand!

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Good to hear you got it analyzed. It some times gets a collector really irritated to find
a watch doing strange things, but if one does the right things they will work out.
That diver will TICK strong after it is serviced.
I had a few Diver like that and did it and it worked good after I serviced it. I found that
having some parts really did help along. Practicing to repair them can be a benefit and very worth while.
It only takes some Patience and Time then it can be done. These C506's
have a separate Movement and it can be a .......
" Take Out and Drop In " job. But have to go through the rest of the Module to get to them like a lot of others.
I have a ( C506 ) like mentioned and that is what needs to be fixed to work
again. So parts pending it will be fixed again.:86:
Enjoy your stay in ............. " The World of Aqualand ".:72:

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks LongBike, I had done the reset with no positive results, but tried two more times and woke up the second hand to move in two-second intervals telling me a new battery is needed. I'll send it off to citizen for service. I had purchased this one on ebay so history is unknown. It appears well taken care of and no slip marks on the back from a hack trying to open the case. The last two 3745's that had the second hand stop both required new movements ($)! Love me an Aqualand!
What I have tried to do when I first started to do them was look at the
movements real good. I have a good memory so that helps a lot and repairs
come quite easy on a lot of my watchs. I first got these (C023's)
and they did not work, so what I did was look for the movements gearing
and look at what it might be in its working position. Once I found out how they
work it was a lot easier to do. One has to have Patience in doing things like this to get good results.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
This is what happens when you go " Aqualand Hunting " and continue to find them.
This is a little close too ( Half ) of what I have now.
( Not counting what I have in other types of watchs. )

I have to many of the same model type so need other models to add to collection.

But always looking for different models also even if just cases or parts to
start with.
I like " Bit's and Pieces " to work with.
Aloha

Attachments

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you come across a problem maybe I can help you with some thing
if needed if might know about it.
No Problem
Aloha

1 - 20 of 131 Posts