The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lume.. just can't get enough.

And the absolute LUME KING! You could read a book by the Orient 300m's glow!

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Yerp.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Same here, I even charge the dive watches with a torch before wearing them to bed. :57: Swmbo thinks it's I'm nuts... :eek:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Same here, I even charge the dive watches with a torch before wearing them to bed. :57: Swmbo thinks it's I'm nuts... :eek:
I had to look up SWMBO and it is frickin hilarious. :grin:

Yep, I've also got a big thing for lume.
CWC Royal Navy Diver

6106-8100 (recently relumed)

Seiko 6139-6009 (recently relumed)

SKX011

Citizen 52-0110

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do you properly charge and what's a good torch to use?
Absolutely any decent flashlight (or nice bright overhead lamp) will work fine.

'Course a manly Streamlight, Surefire, or Maglite lends a purposeful air to the endeavor!

In truth, the cheap UV LED mini flashlight I found on fleabay works best for charging lume, but don't let that get out. Trade secret.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
i'll say I'm from the opposite spectrum of the lume range. for me, bad lume = original vintage dial and handset (or NOS replacements). =)

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'll say I'm from the opposite spectrum of the lume range. for me, bad lume = original vintage dial and handset (or NOS replacements). =)

<* shark >>><
That's EXACTLY why I'm not safe around truly vintage watches. If the lume's dead, it's lost some function. Kinda like my 13yr old Glock nightsights.. nearly worthless and overdue for replacement.
:eek:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am a lume lover! Crazy or not the lume is one of the most important features in a watch to me and I can't get enough to the point that it is often a deal breaker if a decent watch has poor lume.

And the absolute LUME KING! You could read a book by the Orient 300m's glow!

I challenge that with the SLR001, makes the Monsters look anemic! Actually I have never seen a OS300 in person so can not compare it to anything but I know that the lume is exceptional according to owners. Do you have any OS300 comparison lume shots?

RSa SLR001 stack lume c by TONY MAIRS, on Flickr

Comparison lume shot of SLR001 with Monsters on either side. (Apologies for the small image but that is as large as I can get with imageshack at the minute).

SRP311
RSa SRP311 spray crop DG DSC_5095 by TONY MAIRS, on Flickr

·
Registered
507 Posts
Tony, are those HDR photos? They are almost too perfect, if you know what I mean. The second hand on the Seiko is a great effect. Was that done with shutter speed only?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts