The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
From the ones listed, I am not aware of any others. I don't believe there are any Swiss manufacturers making R/C watches. The only one in Europe (Germany) that has a reputation for R/C watches (as well as being the pioneer of the technology) is Junghans.

Interesting that no others have jumped into this frey.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
If I were ever to get another Junghans R/C this would be a top contender....

I like it because it has the "Breitling B-1" look without the Breitling price tag and is not Swiss either. :p

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Maximilian makes R/C watches as well.
and I remember at some point having an Oregon Scientific RC watch.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I'm checking these out.

Seems to me Japan is going to own the second quartz revolution as everything goes to solar/RC.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
See my reply there.

I wish Junghans had solar watches as that would make them perfect. Likely, these are the only ones I would put with battery changes again. They are sweet watches and still virtually unknown in north America.

·
Registered
321 Posts
minidriver said:
See my reply there.

I wish Junghans had solar watches as that would make them perfect. Likely, these are the only ones I would put with battery changes again. They are sweet watches and still virtually unknown in north America.
They do. I have one--the Solar Ceramic (the black-faced one that's the main picture).

[/url]

I've owned four RC watches (a Seiko Brightz, two Oceanus Mantas, and this Junghans), and the Junghans is extremely reliable with respect to synching every night without fail.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts