The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year, ol’ pals!

My cool wife bought me an amazing watch nerd shirt from the mid-90s for Xmas. I presume it’s from some kind of trade show/event thing showcasing the (nice-by-90s-standards) 5M45-6A30 Kinetic GMT Scuba Master.
The graphic on the back is particularly 🤓👌.

Funny thing though: it’s autographed!?

So many questions.

Anyone wish to hazard a guess as to who might be asked (or would deem it appropriate) to sign a Seiko t-shirt like some would-be horological celebrity?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You nailed it! For reference, a Pipin Ferreras autographed Sports Illustrated cover:

I knew I could count on you guys, but Russ your response time was of the caliber of a returning Jeopardy champion. Much appreciated.

Anyway, Ferreras allegedly helped design the Scuba Master, hence why his name and favourite animal (dolphin) wound up on that shirt. Seems like a real character, this guy...

·
Special Member
11,714 Posts
Happy New Year, ol’ pals!

My cool wife bought me an amazing watch nerd shirt from the mid-90s for Xmas. I presume it’s from some kind of trade show/event thing showcasing the (nice-by-90s-standards) 5M45-6A30 Kinetic GMT Scuba Master.
View attachment 461426 The graphic on the back is particularly 🤓👌. View attachment 461427

Funny thing though: it’s autographed!?
View attachment 461428

So many questions.

Anyone wish to hazard a guess as to who might be asked (or would deem it appropriate) to sign a Seiko t-shirt like some would-be horological celebrity?
that's neat-o.

Reactions: johnnylarue

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that's neat-o.
Pretty cool, right? Fits great, too! Though I admittedly am not sure where “autographed shirts” sit on the fashion faux-pas spectrum... let alone when it’s the autograph of a controversial free diving legend. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe bloody watches would trade me for one of his shirts autographed by a K-Mart floor manager?

·
Special Member
11,714 Posts
That's a special autograph for our interests - I think its a nice keepsake (y) especially if you have the watch ...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a special autograph for our interests - I think its a nice keepsake (y) especially if you have the watch ...
I don’t have one yet, but it looks like my wife has painted herself into a corner where my next birthday present is concerned... 😛👌

·
Special Member
11,714 Posts
I don’t have one yet, but it looks like my wife has painted herself into a corner where my next birthday present is concerned... 😛👌
uh, yeah. That is clearly in the rules book. It's an undeniable truth - she bought the shirt and that is implied that the watch should be acquired. Tell her I said so if it'll help. :cool:

BTW, I'm pretty sure our spouses have similar type rules.

Reactions: johnnylarue
1 - 12 of 12 Posts