The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my USZ199 I a searching an original SQ Clasp in 16mm with 8 adjustment holes.

Afaik the same clasp was available on different watches...
If someone knows the part number, this would be great.
Or if someone knows other models with this clasp, it would help, too.
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
The watch dials had an SQ on them. It as an indicator - in its era of the early Seiko quartz during the 1970's and early 1980's - of a better watch and movement, at a tier above entry level. I have a 1979 Seiko SQ which has that clasp. With its four jewel 7546 movement, it will probably run forever provided someone doesn't fat finger the coil during a battery change. The 7546 has a regulating capacitor on the oscillator. It can be tweaked to make it more accurate. Has a "Sapphlex" crystal, a technology Seiko use to coat a hardlex crystal with a micro-thin layer of sapphire. Just about scratch-proof. Bought it new in 1980, and it's run just almost continuously ever since - being down several days for a battery a few times when I didn't notice the end-of-life two-second tick soon enough. If you're looking for the clasp, find a nonfunctional "parts" watch with "SQ" on the dial that has a bracelet and look for a photo of it - or pray that it's the original bracelet - or ask the seller. I agree with the other person who stated it would be all but impossible to compile a model list of Seiko SQ. Seiko and Pulsar made these "RR Approved" for decades. Only the oldest originals were "SQ". They quickly became entry level with much cheaper movements, acrylic crystals, and the SQ was dropped from the dial and clasp.

SXC158P; Cal. 7546 4j mov't; Mfr. Sep 1979

John

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Giving a full case code from the original watch, would be a good start eg 7N42-xxxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts