The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe some of you don't have Safe Queens, maybe some of you do. I try to wear all of my watches, but there are a few that seem to spend more time in a dark box then on my wrist. A variety of reasons, some I bought many years ago and have escalated ridiculously in value, others are mint examples of vintage timepieces and I'm afraid to add "character", and others are dress watches, and I don't get dressed up too often and the tuxedo no longer fits.

So, which watches make you a tad nervous while resting on your wrist...or none?

I have a few swiss brands, but the one Seiko that makes me nervous is my 62mas....... I just don't want to give it that first ding or scratch.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
This one

Same here about being so touchy about it.
My brand new SNA Flight Master. Its one I got and just cherish it.
The one on top.
the women I got it from said her husband used it Three time to go out, a
then boxed it. He was a Dentist and had a small plane before he pasted
on, so he used a Rolex.
I used it Five time so far , having it for two years now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Not nervous but always aware...

...of my SGP 6138-8020. I hate putting scratches in acrylic crystals and this one is fairly prominent. I once cracked one on this watch along the edge hitting it on a door frame at work - two days after its initial restoration! Since then all the external plated parts (case, bezel, pusher, crown) have been replaced with nos and I am always fearful of that first major scratch. Consequently I always think about my plans for the day before wearing this one, not a physical labor watch.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Not bothered, I'm a made to wear type of guy.:93:
I'm with Mike on this one. My NOS Pogue is scratching up nicely and the practically unworn 1972 7005-8150 that arrived in the post this morning is already enjoying being worn in my workshop today whilst I swing hammers and use lathes and wot not :)

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
I wear all and any of mine as the fancy takes me but.............what ever I am doing I tend to look after my watch, I have only ever damaged one crystal in my life and that was when a piece of metal hit the crystal when a machine broke down years ago.

Different matter altogether though when I have someone else's watch with me, I am nervous then of "sods Law" :)

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I wear my Rolexs, a Patek, Cartier and Omegas without any fear at all. But this one...I prefer not to wear it for the moment.

Hernán
This post is written in perfectly good spanglish

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I wear my Rolexs, a Patek, Cartier and Omegas without any fear at all. But this one...I prefer not to wear it for the moment.

Hernán
This post is written in perfectly good spanglish
I have a sneaky feeling I made a mistake a few months ago. I was offered one of these NOS with full paperwork for £500GBP. I turned it down as I thought the winding crown was stupidly large.... I've turned down a fortune haven't I!!!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I too think watches are made to be worn but I've broken my own rule with this one, I just can't bring myself to wear it

One of my Pogues is like that... or was but I am enjoying messing up the clasp now I realised better wear it before I can't for some reason or other :)

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Has to be this one for me.....
I got it about 4 years ago as NOS and its only been worn 3 or 4 times!
I just cant bear the thought of scratching it.
SPECIFICATIONS

MOVEMENT: Automatic Cal. 7625, 17 Jewels, Date (Semi-QuickSet)
CASE: Stainless steel (diameter: 37 mm w/o crown, lug-width: 19 mm), crown signed S
DIAL: Silver with polished steel indices and hands
CRYSTAL: Acrylic
MANUFACTURED: In Japan, approx. 1964 (serial number on the inside of case back)

Watch has never been opened and fires right up and keeps perfect time!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts