The Watch Site banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
I haven’t sold any Seikos yet. In fact, my plan is to move in the opposite direction. I have two Datejusts that I don’t wear very often. I’ve decided to move them in order to fund one or more Seiko acquisitions.

·
Registered
267 Posts

Sold this beaut back to the fella I got her from. No regrets though as I didn’t wear it all that much. It was his birth year watch as well so I feel good about that.
My wife bought me a fantastic Rolex Explorer that never leaves my wrist. I love the damn thing quite a bit. I feel guilty about not wearing my other watches however. I’m going to sell most of them so that someone can wear or at least appreciate them more than I have.
One in particular is a 7002 pictured in Guy’s original post. It is immaculate and I fear wearing it so I’m letting it go. Someone looking for a safe queen will scoop that one up. He sold me another 7002 that I actually enjoy wearing so I’m keeping that one. A very nice 6309 From Jack of IWW I’m wavering on. It wears great and It’s my favorite diver but damn, I hardly wear the thing anymore. I’m busy putting my “story” into this Explorer. I think that’s a big part of watches; the stories they have. Most of my watches have someone else’s story-which is great as I love a good story and provenance. But I also want to hand down a watch that has my story...no matter how mundane and boring it may be. I don’t mind telling someone down the road how that ding got there. “ that one is from the time a spider ran across my leg so I leaped up, screamed a little and bashed my watch on the oven door handle.” I’d probably throw some ninjas and maybe a couple of mountain lions into that story to spice it up a bit but you get the drift of it.

·
Premium Member
9,285 Posts

Sold this beaut back to the fella I got her from. No regrets though as I didn’t wear it all that much. It was his birth year watch as well so I feel good about that.
My wife bought me a fantastic Rolex Explorer that never leaves my wrist. I love the damn thing quite a bit. I feel guilty about not wearing my other watches however. I’m going to sell most of them so that someone can wear or at least appreciate them more than I have.
One in particular is a 7002 pictured in Guy’s original post. It is immaculate and I fear wearing it so I’m letting it go. Someone looking for a safe queen will scoop that one up. He sold me another 7002 that I actually enjoy wearing so I’m keeping that one. A very nice 6309 From Jack of IWW I’m wavering on. It wears great and It’s my favorite diver but damn, I hardly wear the thing anymore. I’m busy putting my “story” into this Explorer. I think that’s a big part of watches; the stories they have. Most of my watches have someone else’s story-which is great as I love a good story and provenance. But I also want to hand down a watch that has my story...no matter how mundane and boring it may be. I don’t mind telling someone down the road how that ding got there. “ that one is from the time a spider ran across my leg so I leaped up, screamed a little and bashed my watch on the oven door handle.” I’d probably throw some ninjas and maybe a couple of mountain lions into that story to spice it up a bit but you get the drift of it.
well stated - I like your thinking .... the Rolex is truly special, for several reasons.
Wear in good health (and adventure)!

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
It seems as though the moment I begin to regret moving a watch along something else catches my fancy and all is forgotten.

I have given a number of watches to friends and family who have an interest so I get to enjoy those vicariously.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I have never sold a watch. That's my way of avoiding future regrets. Learned that as a kid trading comic books...took me years to get them back as an adult.
( still ongoing btw.)

Rob
But you do trade them Rob ?

·
Poet Laureate
843 Posts
Just shipped it off today. I've flipped a few of these, but this one was special because it was on the original velcro. I just keep telling myself "what you really want is the red one" to ease the regret.
IMG_20190922_203223.jpg

Great watch, and I was tempted to keep it, but I just don't dress well enough to wear a watch like this :cool:. I still wish I had it though so I can imagine how nice it would look on me if I DID wear a suit though.
IMG_20190908_171559.jpg

A very fine watch, probably the nicest I've owned in terms of quality-of-build (even better than my Seamaster), but it felt a bit sterile next to my vintage collection, and too much of my budget was tied up in it. That being said, my SKX doesn't give me the same pride in ownership, and I wish I still had this one.
IMG_20190721_162031.jpg

·
Registered
808 Posts
Let us not feel the deep pangs of jealousy for those who have watches winging their way to them in eager desperation and excitement. But instead, let's have a thread for those watches that end up being set free from their owner's sweaty palms with impending regret.
A few I regret having let go but know I would probably let them go again...

·
Registered
207 Posts
SRP-773 Turtle reissue
Orient Star Classic Power Reserve
SBDC011 Field Tuna (regret)
SRP387J "Laurel"
SARB017 Alpinist
Majesta quartz
SBBN027 "Bumble Bee" Tuna
SBDX017
GS SBGW235
Seikomatic-P 5106-7020 (sorta regret)
6458-6000
SBDC003 Blumo
6309-7290

I treat this hobby as an evolving pursuit. I'd like to be consolidating and upgrading, but there is so much shiny out there.

·
Registered
287 Posts
All but one of my Seiko dive watches plus some others this summer - no regrets as I used the cash to buy a Speedmaster, which has had more wrist time in three months than everything I sold put together.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
As promised. This is going to be a long one..

To all the girls I've loved before

Sent from my B15Q using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Who travelled in and out my door

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I'm glad they came along
I dedicate this song

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
To all the girls I loved before

You were the hardest to let go.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
There are so many others but.... time to move on

Hang on Guy . Times change, fortunes improve. That which was lost may be found again

41 - 55 of 55 Posts