The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm a newbie and this is my first post so forgive me if I get it wrong.
I've collected a few watches for a long time but recently discovered the diversity of Seiko and now I'm hooked.
I particularly like LM's and have two different watches with the same case number and was hoping someone can tell me which has the wrong back.
Watch a is the one with an inscription
watch b is the one without

Tony

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Well for me the top one watch A with the inscription is definitely a 5606-8070.

I suppose it is possible (even probable) they both are?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, 1 definite identification is a step forward.
I thought all different cases had different numbers to enable ordering correct replacement parts. These have different crystals fitted, watch a being flat mineral glass and watch b has a high dome acrylic.
Any more observations will be welcome.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
A quick google images search shows a lot of watches with the top left case, so that one is complete :) The other one has the wrong caseback. Maybe the tiny numbers on the dial under "6" can solve the mystery?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to make life awkward the numbers have almost dissapeared. The 5606- is clear enough (Murphy's Law) but the next ones are not. They appear to be 6 or maybe 8 120
The 5th digit appears to be a 1 although this is more often a letter

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I've sussed it, after a google search for 5606. It appears to be a 5606-6070 so it deffo has the wrong back fitted.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for your answers so far
This brings up 2 more questions
1/ Does anyone know the correct dial number for watch b
2/ Has anyone got a spare 6070 back.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Look on the bright side, you have a nice clean, un-engraved back for the real 5606-8070, if/when you acquire a 6070 back ;)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Thought I'd Chirp in....

Howzit , ....I saw your post and thought I'd share some pics of a 5606-7050 I picked up at the swap meet today . As you can see , the day and date are separate and the movement is removed through the crystal side . I wasn't sure if I had a 5606 so I figured I would take it and add it to my collection .
As you can also see , the dial was buggered up on the Seiko sign and a couple of marks where someone probably removed the hands and didn't protect the dial ......surprisingly the movement is really clean looking and running great .
I hadn't seen this particular auto winding set-up before....first reverse winding wheel , second reverse winding wheel and other interesting stuff .

DSC00005.JPG

DSC00004.JPG

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting variation, you don't see many with a split display. I have quite a few 5606's and the only one that varies from the norm is a Franken LM with vertical day/date at 6 o clock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts