The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally avoid fixer-uppers, but I just bagged a new seemingly legit Pogue for a good price so thought i’d make an exception.

Everything’s in good shape except it’s missing it’s stem and crown. What’s the best option available to me for getting a replacement.

If it winds up being to difficult/expensive i’m Reasonably confident I can make my money back easily enough.

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about look for a donor that you could take the crown/stem off ? /images/smilies/smiley.gif
Ha, yeah I get that it’s a pretty obvious answer. Was hoping there was a cheaper/easier way but pretty much knew the answer before I asked.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I’ve found some NOS stems. Obviously this is only one part of the complete part that I need (stem, spring, gears, crown etc.). Does sourcing these bits separately and assembling what I need feasible/sensible?

Sorry. This is my first foray into doing and sort of watch repair beyond changing a battery.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you checked Stefan/schillachi61 out on ebay ?

I have also read that members are having success with after market parts.
Yeah, he’s one of a few people i’ve checked out. So far i’ve located NOS stems and springs, so may be able to get everything I need?

Aftermarket was something else I was going to ask about. Obviously NOS would be nice, but aftermarket looks to be the cheaper and easier route if they can be relied on.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Yeah, he’s one of a few people i’ve checked out. So far i’ve located NOS stems and springs, so may be able to get everything I need?

Aftermarket was something else I was going to ask about. Obviously NOS would be nice, but aftermarket looks to be the cheaper and easier route if they can be relied on.

Aftermarket for these is excellent. Well for the stem and crown anyway.
Indistinguishable from NOS.

Don't buy the steel pinion/gear - I've tried a couple and the teeth aren't right and will wear the teeth on the internal bezel.

There is a plastic version available (VTA?) that is excellent :)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yes, Sir Alan did my last 6139 with this stem and a Seikosis crown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
The VTA plastic gear was a great idea but not robust enough in the long haul.

There are complete AM stem/spring/gear/crown combos I haven't tried them as I have the NOS OEM parts (sorry - none for sale at this time) and haven't needed to try.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
The VTA plastic gear was a great idea but not robust enough in the long haul.

I've fitted about four to watches for customers or ones I've sold and had no complaints :)
For the little amount these bezels get used in practice I think they'll last well (whereas the steel AM ones start cutting into the teeth almost from the first turn).

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Aftermarket for these is excellent. Well for the stem and crown anyway.
Indistinguishable from NOS.

Don't buy the steel pinion/gear - I've tried a couple and the teeth aren't right and will wear the teeth on the internal bezel.

There is a plastic version available (VTA?) that is excellent :)

Can’t say I’ve seen an indistinguishable AM crown, got a link?

The stems, gears and springs are still available easily but you’ll pay the sellers a fair bit. Crowns, there was a chap selling NOS ones for cheap but they went pretty fast unfortunately, I bought a few but I often get them here to service without crowns so they didn’t last long.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts