The Watch Site banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
34,077 Posts
Sales forum of PMWF (Poor Man's Watch Forum).

·
34,077 Posts
Seikojohn said:
In addition to PMWF, WUS, TZ and Ebay you should consider Craigs List.
Have you had positive experiences selling through Craiglist? From what I've read so far, it sounds risky. (As I recall, a "lady of easy virture" was recently murdered when she responded to a "client's" face-to-face meeting through a Craiglist ad. Of course that didn't involve a watch-related transaction. :-[ )

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,
Thank you all for your recommendations. I'll go with the other watch sites. In my opinion CL is harboring SCAMs, stolen property and illegal services so I won't support it.

-Gaspar

·
Registered
188 Posts
normdiaz said:
Have you had positive experiences selling through Craiglist? From what I've read so far, it sounds risky. (As I recall, a "lady of easy virture" was recently murdered when she responded to a "client's" face-to-face meeting through a Craiglist ad. Of course that didn't involve a watch-related transaction. :-[ )
Hopefully none of us are soliciting customers for an "easy virtue" business! Prostitutes and Johns are at substantial risk no mattter the sales venue.

The sad stories I have heard about Craigs List seem to revolve around sellers trusting buyers by sending goods on approval or buyers not doing their homework before handing cash over. But you hear sad stories on any other sales venue, be it Ebay, WUS, PMWF or Craigs List. You have to be cautious about concluding a deal.

·
34,077 Posts
".... be it Ebay, WUS, PMWF or Craigs List. You have to be cautious about concluding a deal..."

A very large "Amen" to that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts