The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know where i can get a miyota or seiko movement decorated (perlage, stripes colored screws)? Is it even worth paying for?

Also can you tell me the difference between a miyota 8215 and a 821A? I think that the 821A is has some sort of decoration but i am not sure.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I don't think I have ever heard of someone doing this on their own. I suspect it could be done, but for what you will spend I'd rather step up and buy something that already comes with a decorated movement. The Seiko 6r15 is somewhat decorated at a reasonable price. There is also a good selection of Orients that are decorated even nicer than the Seiko for same or even cheaper prices.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Well,

I consulted my watchmaker (how also happens to be fine goldsmith) concerning this issue today.
He said I definitely could be done, he could both apply perlages or Geneve Stripes to the Rotor and bridges, etc. as well as doing polishing and gold plating of parts.

Concerning price, he offered me between 70 and 200 Euros for the decoration, depending on how tedious the work would be.

Best,
Hermann

1 - 7 of 7 Posts