The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:)
I've had this Seiko 6139-7100 since '91 when I bought it with a lot of other stuff from a retired watchmaker.
I'm getting better at overhauling these chronos so I'll do it up to sell (I never want to wear it:undecided:)
I've got a new glass.

I want to get an original style Fishbone (or similar?).

Who to try?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Someone used to make replica fishbones that were sold on ebay. Looked identical to the original. Wish I still had my 6139-7100.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
There's an Indian seller that sells replicas of the bullhead fishbones on eBay. They usually go for about $30 with free shipping.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I got a replica Fishbone for my 6139-7100 from Seikosis via Ebay for about £50 delivered to the UK, but recently have got Bullhead Fishbones from zkh_119 again via Ebay. Zaks are repro too but cost me £19.

With the Bullhead fishbone I pull the widest links off to make it suitable for the Helmet (or 6138-0030).

BTW: The Helmet looks OK on other bracelets but IMO only looks 100% pukka on a Fishbome:)

Forgot to say, Zak has a shedload of Fishbones so if not listed you should Email him.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I've always been slightly confused about these bracelets. There seem to be two styles, a symmetric version, and an asymmetric version with one end wider than the other. I've never been sure which version goes with which watch?

·
Registered
912 Posts
I've always been slightly confused about these bracelets. There seem to be two styles, a symmetric version, and an asymmetric version with one end wider than the other. I've never been sure which version goes with which watch?
Asymetric is the Bullhead. Z040S.
Other version for the Helmet is Z050S.
I think I'm right but have not double checked.....

Just thinking there is also something similar...."XGsomething"? Anyone know?? It only has the spring bar release notch on one side...

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Thanks Tom. I didn't realise you could remove the widest link, then re-attached the endlink....?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I think you have to have specail skills!
John posted about drilling out fixed links a while back, but Mike's post made it sound easier than that, unless I got the wrong impression.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks!

However, I decided to come to my senses and buy a Swedefreak Z050S replica bracelet instead of going to town on my chinese Z040S. (It might come to use for a future 6138 Bullhead... hopefully)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts