The Watch Site banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My current line of study is bushing barrels. I have seen the videos on repairing the hole by pressing the edge and then burnishing it back out to the required size.
I want to try putting a jewel on the top and bottom of the barrel holes but where do you get them from in a "custom" size?
There is a usefull chap VTR (mean VTA) who has had some made (and other extinct parts a s well) but are there any options you could share?

The next question is size. If the top barrel shaft is say 1.5mm and the bottom 1.0mm what size of hole in the jewel do I need,
do I allow a little play.

·
Craftsman
2,314 Posts
There are several folks selling jewels for 6 series Seikos. You are not bushing the barrel itself but the arbor ports in the main plate and metal bushing in the upper barrel bridge where the arbor rides. You are better off buying from one of the vendors versus trying to source them yourself unless you have the measurements and plan to buy in quantity. Most suppliers will not even talk to you unless you are willing to buy a few hundred of the jewels at a time. Do a search on ebay and I am sure you will come up with some to try out. Adrian at VTA also supplies them as you have noted.

Reactions: albertros

·
Registered
109 Posts
You're going to need tools to jewel barrel arbor ports. On the 6 series seikos, the train bridge arbor port has a bushing, so push it out and replace with a jewel. The main plate arbor port must be reamed to 159 before you can jewel it. This must be done in increments and with care to keep the hole centered. A seitz tool (and the required bits) will get the job done but you'd be better off using seitz to ream and horia to push/adjust jewels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're going to need tools to jewel barrel arbor ports. On the 6 series seikos, the train bridge arbor port has a bushing, so push it out and replace with a jewel. The main plate arbor port must be reamed to 159 before you can jewel it. This must be done in increments and with care to keep the hole centered. A seitz tool (and the required bits) will get the job done but you'd be better off using seitz to ream and horia to push/adjust jewels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi,
Thanks for the info. Taking the hole out in stages is brilliant tip.
I have a "FAVORITE" jeweling tool and a "STAR ?Bergeon" staking set.
I had thought about how to keep the main plate solid.

I am also working on a 7025.
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts