The Watch Site banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to vintage seikos and 6139-6020 is the one that got me interested. After looking for more than an year finally managed to procure on for around $300 in fairly good condition. After receiving the watch the crystal looked too clean for its age and the dial also has some imperfections.
I'm looking for a white dial and crystal for the watch and any pointers where I can find one are appreciated.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-M315F using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
8,421 Posts
The crystal is a 350T02ANS0. Easily obtained on ebay.

The dial is best sent to a pro for re-luming. Other than that the dial looks great from the photo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. It's not about the lume, if you look closely 7,8 and 9 indices are completely gone.. missing. I haven't noticed before the purchase unfortunately.
Is the dial easily available on eBay?

·
Special Member
5,734 Posts
Thanks for the reply. It's not about the lume, if you look closely 7,8 and 9 indices are completely gone.. missing. I haven't noticed before the purchase unfortunately.
Is the dial easily available on eBay?

Almost nothing vintage is 'easily available', it's hit or miss. These are 50 years or so old and new parts long, long out of production. Good news is finding a trashed dial with good indices is easy and the indices can be replaced, then lumed to match.

·
Special Member
867 Posts
Almost nothing vintage is 'easily available', it's hit or miss. These are 50 years or so old and new parts long, long out of production. Good news is finding a trashed dial with good indices is easy and the indices can be replaced, then lumed to match.
This is good advice. The dial looks blue from the photo … the blue dial is one of the least common for the 6139-6020 Pulsations. This one doesn’t look too bad and IMO is well worth restoring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks zeke and Scott for chipping in.
It's just the reflection that's making the dial appear blue. It's a black dial actually.
Will look a for another dial for indices replacement. Much appreciated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts