The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can I find a replacement crystal for this one?? I dont even have a clue as to where to begin looking or what the part number may be!
Any ideas? For some reason as many watch shops in this town no-one seems to be able to help!
TIA

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have polished it somewhat but some of the scratches are a bit deeper! Also if you look very close (it's hard to tell from my pic) there is a fracture right on the very outer edge at the 12:00 to 1:00 position!

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
time_watcher said:
I have polished it somewhat but some of the scratches are a bit deeper! Also if you look very close (it's hard to tell from my pic) there is a fracture right on the very outer edge at the 12:00 to 1:00 position!
I see what you're talking about. Personally I'd wear it as is, just be careful not to get it anywhere near water.

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'll try polishing it just a bit more to see what happens and then if I cant get them all out..... to heck with it as I'll wear as is! It just bothers me is all as I'm picky! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
time_watcher said:
I think I'll try polishing it just a bit more to see what happens and then if I cant get them all out..... to heck with it as I'll wear as is! It just bothers me is all as I'm picky! ;)
Try wet sanding the heavier scratches first and then using Novus polish. Starting with the heavy scratch polish first and then the light scratch polish. That should work on the scratches. As far as the fracture, I'm afraid you'll have to live with it.

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Is there more to replacing an acrylic crystal than knowing the diameter, thickness and height in the event of a dome?

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
nhoJ said:
Is there more to replacing an acrylic crystal than knowing the diameter, thickness and height in the event of a dome?
I know some have beveled edges to fit a specific case. Some have an outer ring for the same purpose. Some just have a press fit. Without knowing what is specific for this watch it could be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Cheers!
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts