The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious where everyone hunts for their vintage pieces

For me, it's always been that evil auction site (sooooo hit and miss), and the forum here

·
Registered
198 Posts
There are a few local auction sites who sell lots from pawn shops, trawling the bay of course, and they have a differently labelled swedish branch as well. I'd say that one is still a pretty OK hunting ground! Picked up a 6105 some months ago "that needed battery replacement". Car boot sales are pure crap up here though ... :-(

·
"The Prospector"
4,620 Posts
E bay, I also have a local mate who is a jeweller, he gave up his store a while ago, he has now opened another, he gets quite a few for me too look at and decide if they are my 'cup of char'

·
Registered
461 Posts
Just the bay for me, I managed to pick up a seiko analogue digital (totally forgotten the model number noe apart from its a H something haha) from a charity shop the other week for £9.00 so that was a deal, boot fairs are crap here aswell.
I'd love to know where ramon from the bay gets his seemingly endless supply of old seikos from though.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Most of my Seikos are from Yahoo Auctions Japan, with a few gems fished out of the muck in the bay.

I also hawk WatchRecon, with alerts set up for whatever I'm angling for at the moment.

·
Special Member
6,528 Posts
Another vote for pawn shops. Big problem is that a lot of times they list waayy too high of a price, but negotiation and 'cash in hand' helps a lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts