The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A MM300 popped up on the forums literally a couple of hours after I posted this. Wouldn'tyou know it?!?!?! I put in an offer, it was accapeted, but something just didn't feel right. I'm probably (almost definitely) being paranoid but I would be SHATTERED if the biggest watch purchase in my life was a scam.

So now I am still without a MM300!!! :-[ :-[ :-[

·
Registered
476 Posts
Saw that one. Not a bad price if it it includes shipping. Before sending payment, ask the seller to take several crappy cell phone pics alongside a piece of paper with your username handwriitten by the seller. And request the pics be sent to your email address. At least you now know the guy has the item in possession and you got his email address.

Another MM will pop up in the future. If you're not confident about this deal. "Live to fight another day." Maybe try posting a WTB.

Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Where are all the MM300s?

On our wrists! My planet ocean, seamaster pro sit in a watch box while I wear my MM300 day in and day out. That tells you something!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Where they are I can't say, what I can't say is that there's none here with me.
To my extreme sadness...

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
A fantastic watch that would be wasted on me as the only time I get near the water is when I shower :))

I would advise Toby to patiently save his pennies or sell off some watches and get this MM300 brand new in box from one of the reputable Japan based amigos. To me a watch like this is too much risk to buy second hand.

·
Registered
450 Posts
minidriver said:
I would advise Toby to patiently save his pennies or sell off some watches and get this MM300 brand new in box from one of the reputable Japan based amigos. To me a watch like this is too much risk to buy second hand.
plus 1 on that...

exactly what i am doing :))

·
Special Member
1,984 Posts
minidriver said:
A fantastic watch that would be wasted on me as the only time I get near the water is when I shower :))

hehehe....that's against my religion! the hit is too large, especially for a modern watch. =)

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You could be on to something there Frank.

I did ask the guy to take a crappy cell pic with "Hi jason" next to it,and he did. But he couldn't give me one sales reference, even though he said he has sold 4 watches on WUS.

Does that seem a little weird to you? I've sold maybe 5 watches on WUS, I could tell you the buyer for every one (I keep records).

Look, I don't want to badmouth the guy, he seemed like a decent guy and he's most likely legit. But I just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.

The obvious problem with buying new is the massive resale hit. It's not a watch I'm likely to be selling, but still, if I can save US$500+ on the purchase, well that covers one of those awesome new carbon fibre Gs. And change.

What would be awesome is if one of the well known, well loved regulars decides to part with his. Jeff? Are you listening mate? Jeff?

I think Jeff's internet is down.

Must be the hurricanes you guys are having.

Hey, look, a pig just flew buy, all out of shape in the hurricane!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Sorry, Toby - the MM300 (on my wrist as I type) is the one watch in my collection that I can say I will definitely not be parting with any time soon. ;) If I knew where to point you, I'd do it in a heart beat. It seems tragically wrong that one of Seiko's biggest fans does not yet own their King Daddy mechanical diver.

I can't fault your thinking here - I'd save $500 if I could by buying used (I did), and I'd be reluctant to buy from someone who couldn't provide at least a couple of sales references. Heck, if he's ever used PayPal, all the transactions are there in his PP history.

Good luck, Mate! Hope you find your watch soon!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks mate.

I'm getting closer.

It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

And when it is on my wrist, the vanquish will be so much the sweeter for the challenges surmounted!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
It's an expensive watch, so I would only buy a used one form somebody well known from the big forums.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts