The Watch Site banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saw this on IG. Asked for pricing and more photos, service history, etc.

On initial glance, the seller looked reputable (many posts and followers - double the amount of followers than my favourite Indonesian seller, in fact).

The additional pics I received are shown first.
The post on his IG page are shown last.
Clearly not the same watch - not even close.

• I asked him "how much on the 6139-6000 Speedtimer?"
  • Response was "$300"
  • I said "$300?" and sent a screenshot of his listing
  • Response was "Eh sorry.. i put wrong price. That $800 for price."
  • I asked how many links in the bracelet
  • Response was "Fit to people with 80kg weight"
  • I asked again if he could count the amount of links
  • No response...

The IG account has 16K followers and over 1300 posts. However t's only been active since March 2021.
With 16K followers - a suspicious lack of likes on the posts.

I did a Google lens search on the first image - Seiko 6139-6000 February 1969 on JDM Bracelet | WatchCharts. Images have been lifted from here, which was a 2 year-old ebay listing.

He's also gone silent on me after I sent him the comparison photos.

Mods - is it OK to post the IG account on here, so that this scammer can be reported a thousand times?

Attachments

·
Special Member
9,078 Posts
THOSE ARE MY PHOTOS BEING HARVESTED OFF THIS FORUM AND FRAUDULENTLY BEING RE-POSTED

See this thread I sold this watch via ebay back in October 2019. I also had it listed here as shown below. The first 3 and the 5th were lifted off of my for sale thread.

Some of the later photos are not even the same watch, looks different and has a different serial number

SCAMMER

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Special Member
453 Posts
Yep just another Indonesian scammer.

One big telltale as you as you have pointed out is the lack of interaction on the posts, whether the ratio of number of likes to followers or just comments from the followers or previous buyers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just out of interest OP...who is your preferred Indonesian seller? I don't mind if you wont post links here as some w8llnconfuse the good with bad. Maybe a clue? :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts