The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back, I won an auction for a SARB031 that has clearly been through hell and back. At the outset, I knew it would need a new crystal at the very least. Although I found out what crystal it takes (320A17HN01), the likelihood of finding one is pretty slim. Regardless, I was mostly interested in the 6R15 that resided in it, hoping it was still in good order.

It arrived yesterday and as much as I hoped to dig right in and tear its beating heart of of its chest, I couldn't do it. I wound it up and it came to life immediately. Overnight, it lost ~20 seconds, but I can surely regulate it. I was able to straighten the Seiko logo on the dial, and now I'm thinking I might just tidy up the case and fit a crystal to it because it's a looker! I'm sure I can find a super domed 32.10mm crystal to use, as it's just glued in place.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
well that is a awesome find...great job...i would love to find one like that..well worth restoring it

·
Ultimate Collector
3,254 Posts
I like the Alpinist SARB series and the 6R15 movement is more than OK with me.
Nice watch.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Saving is better than destroying

Glad it turned out. Now you can get another donor and save it too ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very nice hopefully you're able to straighten it out with a service to bring it back to it's glory days

"A Rolex is just a watch just like a diamond is just a stone"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts