The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
30,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just done Mays "batch" of TSTs and I often use a case of my own for setting up each operation, this way if I did get the initial setting or machining wrong it would be on my set up case and not some one elses, in this instance I had a beat up 7040 case but with all the important faces/thread in GREAT condition and it TST'd great.

Normally I have been able to gather a nice/special dial/hands and even a bezel but this time round I have just been unable to get a reply from my source :( a pity as he often has come up with super parts, so i had been playing around with ideas and then when i read this thread it got me thinking (painful).

I bought the 6306 dress watch off Stephen quite some time ago with the idea of using the movement at sometime in the future in a 6306 if one came my way needing a movement but after receiving this and giving it a service, superb movement and running about +4 a day last time i checked it i decided to leave as is because the dial/hands imo are pretty nice and i do like blue, the case and bracelet nothing special though.

Have you ever noticed how when servicing a movement some come out just OK, some come out good and some like this one come out really great ? and every thing you have done is the same ?

So i built it up yesterday, all NOS OEM gaskets, 6105 crystal from Jonathan, a Mk2 shroud polished to a gloss finish and a olive oil treated GL831, i am a bracelet guy but my position in that respect is weakening as i do find i am liking straps almost as much at the moment.

ps: In the flesh it looks much better(IMO) than these pictures.

What do you think ?

·
Researcher
5,031 Posts
Tiger, Tiger, burning bright.......lol. That look's fantastic John, when I read the same post, I was immediately reminded of an Alba blue manta ray dial.
It's another example of Seiko's fantastic history of blue dials, and your excellent machining skills and imagination.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
love that ....makes me want to use my blue dial now...great job again

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
normally can't stand the divers watches but that one looks sweet. I'm a love struck fool for blue dials anyway those hands and the jap day wheel just make it class.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
normally can't stand the divers watches but that one looks sweet. I'm a love struck fool for blue dials anyway those hands and the jap day wheel just make it class.
Here's a diver with a modded blue dial, not my mod but I knew of the watch so when it come up for sale I had to get it.:eek:hmy:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
OOhh yes,that's indeed very nice,it's just right like this :3tens:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Here's a diver with a modded blue dial, not my mod but I knew of the watch so when it come up for sale I had to get it.:eek:hmy:

Very nice again! I'm a sucker for a blue dial just so classy. I like the outer bezel too... very mod ;)

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
looks amazing...great buy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts