The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
32,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally if i have it I like it but if I don't have it I don't lose any sleep :) but a friend of mine loves hacking on any watch he can have it.

So he bought a few sets (for the 6309s) and sent them to me along with his 6309 which he wanted to be a hacker.

So all you have to do is replace the centre wheel bridge with the modified one, fit the lever and you have a hacking 6309 !! cool yes ? :)

·
Special Member
27,775 Posts
I like Hacking, I wouldn't Fuss with adding the Bridge/Lever, I would buy the Original Hacking Watch that I desire. Or just buy Kinetic/Quartz.

·
Special Member
27,775 Posts
John, Are the Bridge and Lever OEM Seiko ? Like from a 6306...

·
Administrator
32,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bridge is the original 6309 but modified with a slot to accept the lever, I have no idea what model the lever is from to be honest but i do know it is not from the 6105, the 6105 lever has a bigger locating hole than the 6309 lever.

I have seen were guys have attempted to use the 6105 lever, doesent work and a major bodge job :)

·
Special Member
27,775 Posts
Are you now Milling Bridges and Supplying Levers ?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm with you on this john it's a nice feature but don't lose any sleep if the watch hasn't got hacking. Oh and is there anything you can't do!! Lol.

·
"The Prospector"
4,649 Posts
I have hacking on my favourite watch, my Presmatic, it's a nice plus, I am not overly fussed tbh. I don't need to have my watches correct to the nanosecond.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Not bothered about hacking seconds but for me I would rather have manual winding (as well as autowinding):93:

·
"The Prospector"
4,649 Posts
My Presmatic is hand wind too ( this I find a great bonus as I don't wear it daily,) Plus its automatic.

·
Special Member
27,775 Posts
Not bothered about hacking seconds but for me I would rather have manual winding (as well as autowinding):93:
I am with you on this one Mike, I adore a Handwind Auto :cool:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
It's cool that these sorts of mods exist, but I wouldn't modify one of my watches in this way.

I do like the hacking feature - I take the extra time to set my hacking watches to be correct to .1-.2 seconds when I set them - but it's no big deal.

You can cheater hack most watches - applying a little backpressure with the crown out, stalling the seconds hand. Works well enough for me.

·
Registered
397 Posts
That's cool that you can add it. Personally I can take it or leave it. I started out with the Speedmaster so I learned early on to do without it.

So cool that you can add it to a vintage watch though. Should make some guys happy.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ooooo me likey!

I'm one of those weirdos who likes a hacking watch....gives it a 'military' purposefulness :eek:

In fact I just added such a lever to a vintage Doxa SUB300T I recently rebuilt. The ETA movement however had a provision for it so it was simply a matter of adding the lever.

I love my 6309 but with hacking I think I might love it even more ;)

How much would you charge for the modified bridge and lever John, assuming of course you could be persuaded to supply said parts :grin:

Jonathan

1 - 20 of 41 Posts