The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
i guess your eyes are much better than mine...just looks like the chapter ring is a little off

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Agree with

Agreed with cannop, bent Tab's for alignment.........
then check legs positioning that can cause those .... Delusions.
I noticed that when first I saw it.
Always before re-assembly, check and double check all that to
get it to the right place, then final check again, once more, then close up..........
Saves Time too.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I must be blind!

I'd get those eyes checked!!
It isn't my watch, seen it for sale somewhere. After the 7548 Kanji debacle, I added check the chapter ring is aligned before buying. I check the chapter ring is aligned, and gently rotate the movement to see if the locating tab has married up with locating dowel on the ring. Then it's crown fully locked, and case back tightened.

Regards, David.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
well that is nothing that would stop me from buying..that is a very easy fix

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It doesn't put me off, I'd buy anything if I like it, even a complete wreck with no chance of spares (sounds stupid, but I'm an optimist). Just surprises me that these things aren't checked by seller.

Regards, David

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
It doesn't put me off, I'd buy anything if I like it, even a complete wreck with no chance of spares (sounds stupid, but I'm an optimist). Just surprises me that these things aren't checked by seller.

Regards, David

I have seen them being sold like this on our TF, i suppose some guys can and some can't :)

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
well most people are not as fussy as we are..i just assembled my 6309 last night..i can see how that can get a bit off...use it as a bargaining too..get it for less money

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
well i agree..if i take the time to do all of that work..i want it right...i spend most of last night taking a watch apart many times till i got it right..it can be frustrating..but well worth it..my dad always told me...your name is on it...do it right or not at all.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Your Dad .....

well i agree..if i take the time to do all of that work..i want it right...i spend most of last night taking a watch apart many times till i got it right..it can be frustrating..but well worth it..my dad always told me...your name is on it...do it right or not at all.
Your Dad.
He spoke Wisdom into you and when it is accepted, it will take root
and prosper you in many areas. Wisdom is only good to the one
that is willing to turn it into ...... " Knowledge ", and then they will get
" Understanding ", of a lot. All this is free to the one that will take it
and use it on their behalf, yet it can be shared and taught also.
Many want...... " Wisdom, yet they are very ....... " Unteachable ".
When it yours, or even someone else's both should do the
" Principal Thing ".
( Follow Worth while ............" Advice and Teachings"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts