The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Poet Laureate
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! What's the name of this forum? I always call it The Seiko & Citizen Watch Forum, abbreviated SCWF. Isn't that what the title should read in the header? The fact that it's at The Watch Site I always thought was just an inconvenience. We don't actually call it TheWatchSite, right?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Hi! What's the name of this forum? I always call it The Seiko & Citizen Watch Forum, abbreviated SCWF. Isn't that what the title should read in the header? The fact that it's at The Watch Site I always thought was just an inconvenience. We don't actually call it TheWatchSite, right?
The forum name has always been Seiko Citizen Watch Forum but the internet address is thewatchsite.com. 2 different things altogether. It would have made more sense to have the web address be scwf.com but that domain name may have been taken. There is a big market for domain names out there.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,959 Posts
Years ago I think the sensical web addresses were traced to being owned by some one from the puristspro- got to be quick in this game!
It is silly to have “the watch site” at the top banner now (almost like some one changed it without asking us!), and I’m hoping it can be changed back in short order- I’ve put in the request.
Brad, you look like some one who knows a thing or two about web design, please get in touch if you’d like to work on a project for the forum if they cannot figure out how to revert to our original banner. You’ll get half my yearly moderator stipend ;-)

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
It should be very simple. The banner pic just needs to be replaced with the old banner pic on the host server.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
That would be fine again to see.
But the Big Boys .... Sit in The Saddle ..... The Little Guys controlled by
........ The Bridle Bit....... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
I, for one, would be hugely grateful to anyone who could get the original SCWF banner back at the top of the page.
I know the web address is thewatchsite.com but it'll always be the Seiko and Citizen Watch Forum in my heart.
I can't offer any share of any stipends or anything just my gratitude and best wishes ( and a haggis if you live on mainland UK. I'm pretty sure I couldn't send one to the US for legal reasons, sorry).

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I, for one, would be hugely grateful to anyone who could get the original SCWF banner back at the top of the page.
I know the web address is thewatchsite.com but it'll always be the Seiko and Citizen Watch Forum in my heart.
I can't offer any share of any stipends or anything just my gratitude and best wishes ( and a haggis if you live on mainland UK. I'm pretty sure I couldn't send one to the US for legal reasons, sorry).
If there is a haggis on offer it must be a done deal Graham, hopefully as I share your view about the forum banner, or at least some better more classic Seiko watches on there that reflect what we are about.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
If there is a haggis on offer it must be a done deal Graham, hopefully as I share your view about the forum banner, or at least some better more classic Seiko watches on there that reflect what we are about.
My offer was a genuine one Mike. I will gladly go on record as promising a haggis to anyone in the UK who is pivotal in getting the old Forum banner back. Quality haggis too, none of your Hall's of Broxburn nonsense.
I would gladly send a haggis overseas but I'm sure it would contravene import regs regarding meat products.
Cheers

Graham

·
Registered
809 Posts
My offer was a genuine one Mike. I will gladly go on record as promising a haggis to anyone in the UK who is pivotal in getting the old Forum banner back. Quality haggis too, none of your Hall's of Broxburn nonsense.
I would gladly send a haggis overseas but I'm sure it would contravene import regs regarding meat products.
Cheers

Graham
Second prize is two haggises (haggi?). And I suppose overseas restrictions depends on your definition of "meat". 🐏:unsure::)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts