The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
I'm glad to join this forum as a Bell-matic amateur.

To tell you briefly the story my grand-father had one 6010 with black/anthracite dial from 1970 and I wanted to find exactly the same Belle.

I just ordered it on the Bay (already waiting for the postman to ring...) but mine is a 6011 (from 1972).
Could anyone explain the difference as they look exactly the same ?

On the back of my grandfather's it was written "waterproof" and on mine it's "water resistant", but I don't think it explains the difference, especially because I've seen on the web some 6010 with the "water resistant" mention.

Thanks in advance and have a nice sunday. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello guys,

To tell you briefly the story my grand-father had one 6010 with black/anthracite dial from 1970 and I wanted to find exactly the same Belle.

I just ordered it on the Bay (already waiting for the postman to ring...) but mine is a 6011 (from 1972).

On the back of my grandfather's it was written "waterproof" and on mine it's "water resistant", but I don't think it explains the difference, especially because I've seen on the web some 6010 with the "water resistant" mention.

I have also been looking at the 6010, i think the 6010 is the black anthracite dial and the 6011 is the silver one. thts just my observation. I am currently crazy abt bells.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello guys,

I have also been looking at the 6010, i think the 6010 is the black anthracite dial and the 6011 is the silver one. thts just my observation.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think its just chronological. I've yet to see a 6010 after 1970 or a 6011 before 1970, with both being made in 1970. The waterproof mark was changed to water resistant in 1970 but it seems it could be either in 1970
Someone in the early days of the forum posted a chart showing the date period for each model, and all of them incremented that last digit every few years as time went by. I think there would be minor differences like a slightly different dial with each model revision.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think its just chronological. I've yet to see a 6010 after 1970 or a 6011 before 1970, with both being made in 1970. The waterproof mark was changed to water resistant in 1970 but it seems it could be either in 1970
Someone in the early days of the forum posted a chart showing the date period for each model, and all of them incremented that last digit every few years as time went by. I think there would be minor differences like a slightly different dial with each model revision.
Agree with you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts