The Watch Site banner

41 - 60 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
1974 is very early. The crystal is pocked from what looks like welding spatter. The case is undamaged, but the dial is burnt. Not damaged, but discolored from heat.
Nice pick-ups Jerry. That 0903 is an early one - July 1974. That's very early. Good looking case back too .....
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,113 Posts
Well the case is a good pick-up - the watch was certainly used as intended - a tool for the working man to tell time!

Perhaps you'll find a movement and dial you can drop in .... Crystals should be available.

I can't recall seeing a 0903 that early ....

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Well the case is a good pick-up - the watch was certainly used as intended - a tool for the working man to tell time!

Perhaps you'll find a movement and dial you can drop in .... Crystals should be available.

I can't recall seeing a 0903 that early ....
It still runs good and the dial is still usuable, just darkened from being exposed to heat. I am surprised it did not melt though.

·
Premium Member
9,113 Posts
It still runs good and the dial is still usuable, just darkened from being exposed to heat. I am surprised it did not melt though.

I guess if the dial is darkened evenly then you have a one-of-a-kind dial = rare. :)

A testament to the durability of the watches. Seiko knew how to make them. I mean there are Seikos running 50+ yrs without a cleaning that are keeping perfect time, right?

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Aloha ,
This one was stripped and now soaking.
Came with no movement internals. The Board is also dead.
But will be running tonight some time hopefully....:great:
Double Click on the last picture to enlarge it.
Aloha
Louis
That dial looks great. I have yet to acquire a Citizen, but it's on my list of wants.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
A 7545-7030, bought for spares.

It was sold as not working.

Found the reason, a damaged coil. Had to use x15 to find the minute screwdriver dink which is unrepairable. The circuit block is good though so worth the £16 paid.

s-l1600 (1).jpg DSCN3792.JPG DSCN3793.JPG

The blue tray is one of the waterboards giveaways last year. They are intended to trap sludge in the sink but its about 100mm diameter and made of rubber so ideal for watch parts as well.

·
Administrator
29,148 Posts
A 7545-7030, bought for spares.

It was sold as not working.

Found the reason, a damaged coil. Had to use x15 to find the minute screwdriver dink which is unrepairable. The circuit block is good though so worth the £16 paid.

[
The blue tray is one of the waterboards giveaways last year. They are intended to trap sludge in the sink but its about 100mm diameter and made of rubber so ideal for watch parts as well.
Have you ever tried one of these on a coil Don ? i've not but keep intending to one day :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0-2ML-Silver-Conductive-Wire-Glue-Paste-Adhesive-Paint-PCB-Repair-Application-CF/272407747818?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
A 6119C movement picked up cuz...... well I don't really know, but it was $10 shipped. Stripped and fresh out of the cleaner and ready for reassembly. Will go into the spare movement bin until needed.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

20180918_224356.jpg

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
$10 is ridiculously cheap and a VG blag.
Yes, I couldn't pass it up for $10. Got it assembled to the point I can test run it. Been ticking away nicely for about a half hour at the moment. I see your 'donor' watch is being restored, lol. I suffer from the same affliction.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Yes, I couldn't pass it up for $10. Got it assembled to the point I can test run it. Been ticking away nicely for about a half hour at the moment. I see your 'donor' watch is being restored, lol. I suffer from the same affliction.
and I have another in the post today :(

41 - 60 of 266 Posts