The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Poet Laureate
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi watch fans! What's on your buy list for 2020? What are those watches you want to fill those empty spots in your case and take your collection in new directions?

Seiko SBGA211 Snowflake
This one has been tantalizing me. It will take what financiers call a "major liquidity event", for me to fund it, but I might just pull it off.
snowflake.jpg

Seiko 6139-6012
Next on my vintage Seiko list is this beauty.Will that be the final 6139 in my collection? Time will tell.
blue.jpg

Seiko 6138-0030 Kakume
The next of the major classic Seikos that is calling my name
kakume.jpg

Pulsar LED Calculator
Is there a more ridiculous, geeky and absurd watch? No. Must buy
pulsar_calc.jpg

Casio DW-403 Surfing Timer
I started this journey collecting Casios - specifically late 80s / early 90s round "graph" watches - and while I've mostly moved on to other brands, I still need this one before I call my Casio collection complete
casio.jpg

Casio DW-7600 Touring Master
A rare one - at least in good condition - that I still want to track down
touring.jpg

ESA Tuning Fork Watch
I'd really like a Swiss ESA tuning fork watch. I haven't decided if I should go Ultronic, Tronosonic, Tissonic, Certronic, Eternasonic or f300, but with names like those, how can you lose?
tuning.jpg

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Mostly downsizing but will look to pick up a Horotec flash tester and a few other tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
609 Posts
Vintage: Continuing to work through the overhaul/restoration backlog, and maybe adding a Kakume or two.

Non-vintage: Grand Seiko Spring Drive GMT (SBGE001), assuming I sell some stuff that I no longer wear.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Oooh Brad Sir Apart from Headphones 🎧 I want And (which I collect) there are Watches I will be also Gunning down in 2020.

Here’s 10 I want Namely:-

Attachments

·
Poet Laureate
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oooh Brad Sir Apart from Headphones 🎧 I want And (which I collect) there are Watches I will be also Gunning down in 2020.

Here’s 10 I want Namely:-
Sign me up for that Doxa! The Prospect LX is pretty smart too, though a bit large.

·
Ultimate Collector
2,986 Posts
I’m always looking.... mainly for better examples of what I already have. It doesn’t get easier though... prices are rising fast, and fakes are everywhere.

·
Registered
169 Posts
This is a great question! I’m eyeing a SARX059 and a hi-beat Alpinist. I would love to acquire an automatic Grand Seiko as well, though I don’t have a specific reference in mind.

·
"The Prospector"
4,620 Posts
I think that I have all of the Vintage \ current Seiko's that currently float my boat. Ideally, I would like to get a couple of digitals for my collection, as I don't have any ATM. Either one or both of these would do me nicely. Thks very much.;)

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just saw this Guinand Flight Engineer a few days ago and I can't get it out of my head:

I'm thinking about selling a few vintage Seikos to fund this one - a 6306-7000 and 2 Bellmatics. Am I crazy? I think I need to sleep on it for a few weeks...

·
Special Member
2,960 Posts
I already bought my 1st watch for 2020. Nice vintage Seiko with its hard-to-find original bracelet ;) Non-runner so will need some work? I have a few of this model but I just can't say No when they pop up :)

·
Registered
805 Posts
I just saw this Guinand Flight Engineer a few days ago and I can't get it out of my head:

I'm thinking about selling a few vintage Seikos to fund this one - a 6306-7000 and 2 Bellmatics. Am I crazy? I think I need to sleep on it for a few weeks...
Nice watch.

If you decide to sell your 6306 send me a PM. 🙂

·
Poet Laureate
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think that I have all of the Vintage \ current Seiko's that currently float my boat. Ideally, I would like to get a couple of digitals for my collection, as I don't have any ATM. Either one or both of these would do me nicely. Thks very much.
The lemon faces are great! The Pan Am is pretty easy to acquire and not too pricey, even in good condition. The 0624 takes more patience and will cost more for a nice one. The polarizing filters in the 0624 tend to degrade and make the digits look kind of faded and fuzzy. Almost all of them suffer from this to some degree I've noticed.

·
"The Prospector"
4,620 Posts
Thank you very much for the information and the heads up, hopefully I can find both sometime in 2020;):grin:

The lemon faces are great! The Pan Am is pretty easy to acquire and not too pricey, even in good condition. The 0624 takes more patience and will cost more for a nice one. The polarizing filters in the 0624 tend to degrade and make the digits look kind of faded and fuzzy. Almost all of them suffer from this to some degree I've noticed.

·
Administrator
30,666 Posts
I think that I have all of the Vintage \ current Seiko's that currently float my boat. Ideally, I would like to get a couple of digitals for my collection, as I don't have any ATM. Either one or both of these would do me nicely. Thks very much.;)
Good choices Tony, Jim was selling a really nice 0624 some time back, I fancied it but already having one there really was no need.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts