The Watch Site banner

If you wanted to spend around $250, which of the following would you choose?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really leaning toward the SKA371. I found one for a good price/good dealer. Yet, I feel drawn to Orients and some lesser priced Seiko. This is really hard.

I haven't owned a watch in three years. My last watch was a Rolex Explorer 1 which I had to sell (gonna get one back someday), and I've been putting off buying a watch because... well, if it ain't a Rolex then why bother etc. Anyway, the SKA371 seems like a good base for rebuilding a watch collection. But two watches will be better on the watches if I don't wear the same one everyday.

So, if I buy the BFK, will I definitely know where the extra money went? Thanks for voting! ;D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The poll was messed up so I reset the count to zero. Those who voted, would you please vote again? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Design cues aside, as those are open to personal opinion, there is a lot to like about the BFK's. They have an awesome bracelet (seriously, it's awesome), they have unique hands, very nice lume, great bezel action, and the novelty of the kinetic movement is nice for some people.

It's a really nice watch that if you like the looks of almost certainly wouldn't disappoint.

Of course, there are a lot of nice watches in the $250 and under range.

Are you looking specifically for a diver? Are you considering quartz and autos, or just one of the two?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UpstandingCitizen said:
Design cues aside, as those are open to personal opinion, there is a lot to like about the BFK's. They have an awesome bracelet (seriously, it's awesome), they have unique hands, very nice lume, great bezel action, and the novelty of the kinetic movement is nice for some people.

It's a really nice watch that if you like the looks of almost certainly wouldn't disappoint.

Of course, there are a lot of nice watches in the $250 and under range.

Are you looking specifically for a diver? Are you considering quartz and autos, or just one of the two?
I agree with all your points on the BFK. Love the hands especially. I've never seen one in person so I'm going on pictures and what I read.

The only thing I'm wary of is that it may be too big. I'm of average build and weigh around 200.

Yes, I'm looking for a diver. The other watches I've got picked out are divers also. I'd prefer quartz but considering all options.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I for one must congratulate you in taking the first step in looking beyond Rolex and seeing what other manufacturers have to offer. I think that given time and exposure, you will be pleasantly surprised (if not impressed) by the watches made by Japanese companies, at pretty much every price point (including those that compete directly with Rolex.

Welcome aboard and good luck in your search.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The SKA371 is a great watch, so I don't see why you should not buy it. Heavy, great finish, awsome bracelet (if you get it, get in with the bracelet). I don't like it on rubber, because of it's 20mm lug width.
But then, I would also consider buying a SKX007 /-171 plus a nice bracelet (I like Will Jeans Super Oyster Type II). Should easily work with $250!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mcw53 said:
I have never been unhappy with a purchase I have made based solely on emotion. Go with your gut!
My gut told me to buy a Citizen BN0000-04H. I feel good about it.

And thanks to all for the replies. I'm learning a lot about watches here. 8)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Garo said:
Aren't they the same watch? What are the differences? Thanks.
Garo, the same movement and case as the 371, but the 427 P1 has an all-black PVD case. Looks sexy as hell IMO :D . And is basically my second most accurate quartz watch so far.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts