The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
32,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the moment this S800 is the perfect beater for me.

Knocked about but all functions working, accurate, day/date and a chrono.

ps: Sub consciously I have been wondering if I could perhaps find a "sample" case but then it wouldent be a beater so............:)

·
Registered
744 Posts
I buy watches.....

To wear at work thus leaving my "best" watch's in good fettle for weekends/leisure time. The so called new beater arrives then I say to myself "damn this is too good to wear as a beater" then the search continues.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
These :

I wear them in rotation. They are all beaters but I still get a little upset if I scratch one of them :57:.

·
2,237 Posts
I'm still trying to acquire a beater that I can be content with. I always seem to want to tidy anything up till it looks pretty decent, and then it goes beyond being a beater. I keep defeating myself!

That S800 looks good John, maybe just redo the lettering on the bezel when you feel like fiddling about and then leave it as it is :)

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I call this "The Wabi King". I put it together with a little help from various folks out here who contributed tired looking parts for this look. I don't wear it when it might get submerged in water (not confident of water resistence), but otherwise, during yard work etc.... it is my go to.

I just love the "rough edges":

Please forgive the wrong bracelet, but it makes it easier to put on, which result in it getting worn more often.

·
Krusty Olde Pharte
4,745 Posts
6309-7040, 6309-7049, SKX009, Cerakoted Black Monster, 6119-8450 and a couple of G-Shocks. And an NY0040.

Oops, not that NY0040, this one.

·
Craftsman
3,878 Posts
lots of watches: No Beaters!..........:)

·
Registered
73 Posts
No beaters per say but I do have a couple of modified 7002's that I'll put on if I'm going to do a lot of manual labor. My former beater 5a26-7a19 is in the process of being refurbished so it loses its beater status!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
My beater.

Built from a Tissot 2824 donor movement and some off the shelf parts from Otto Frie.

It was actually a mistake / accident because the dial I wanted to use was too thick for the hand pinions (I think I got the term right) and I had to use the free dial that came with the empty case. This is the only watch that was "new" that I managed to wreck. All of my other wabi'd watches came that way.

I think this one may be a contender for the watch that I still own that has the most miles on it. A few in the past may have had more wrist hours but have since been passed on.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Currently on a rubber strap. Wore it today as I built a new seat for my Yamaha Cafe project.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts