The Watch Site banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
708 Posts
I'm not a lume expert yet but I use Noctilumina which has been easy to work with and no problems with bubbles. The lume glows for hours.

http://noctilumina.com/
This is what I use as well. I understand that he used to be limited to shipping only within the US, but that isn't the case now. I also have had no issues with bubbles.

· Registered
708 Posts
So I contacted Watchlume.com several times with no response. Disappointing.

Anyway does anyone know exactly what the binder is they supply and where to get it?

Or is there a better alternative readily available? Pollyc mentioned automotive touch up but I'd rather stick with a matt finish.

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Cheers
I bought some Testors DullCote lacquer for scale models and it worked ok, but dried incredibly fast -- almost so fast that I couldn't use it. I tried to do it again and it failed miserably. I'm not sure if my ratios were off or not, but it wasn't predictable at all.

FWIW, the binder that comes with the Noctilumina kits doesn't leave things too glossy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.