The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came across this watch. It's pretty beat but I have not seen a Seiko like it. The picture is a very low megapixel. I blew it up and it looks like the movement says H025. I know there is a series of movements numbered H021 22 and 24. I just never saw this in a Seiko. It looks a little like one of those Citizen Blue Angle's models

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I though it looked cool to and it seems to be working. I know the bezel is pretty torn up but I like the weird watches and I think this one definitely is unusual.

Michael

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
well Mike is looks great...new model i have never seen.....God Bless John

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well John found it! It is a JDM watch from way back in 2001. Besides the bezel being scuffed up this watch is 100% functional so I had to scoop it up. It is just way to cool. When it arrives I'll take some good pictures. The watch is meant to be a real pilots watch function wise not just a bling watch. It has some really cool features. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
well great job Mike...i always try and help...it looked pretty amazing too...can't wait for you to get it ...God Bless John

·
Special Member
7,236 Posts
Funny I passed on it a few days ago due to being a little too well worn for my tastes and I figured a spare bezel was too much of a hunt. I really like the design. Hope that inner bezel rotates for you.

Nice score !

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny I passed on it a few days ago due to being a little too well worn for my tastes and I figured a spare bezel was too much of a hunt. I really like the design. Hope that inner bezel rotates for you.

Nice score !
I have a very good friend who is a graphics artist. He is working on some patterns that I will be able to print out and repair the damaged bezel insert. All I need to do is give him a good high resolution scan of the damaged part and he can fill back in all the missing areas of color and I can then print it out on a clear decal sheet. It make not look 100% perfect but it will be presentable and better than what it looks like now and hey you never know one day a NOS part could appear!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the link. It looks like a fun watch to play with and the read out is so cool! Everyone that has one seem to like it from what I have read so far.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
well it looks like it will be a very fun one to get going ....can't wait to see more pics too

·
Special Member
5,180 Posts
I have a very good friend who is a graphics artist. He is working on some patterns that I will be able to print out and repair the damaged bezel insert. All I need to do is give him a good high resolution scan of the damaged part and he can fill back in all the missing areas of color and I can then print it out on a clear decal sheet. It make not look 100% perfect but it will be presentable and better than what it looks like now and hey you never know one day a NOS part could appear!
Absolutely, Mike! The important factor here is that you like this watch, it doesn't have to be the best specimen to be able to enjoy. And like you said, if a NOS bezel pops up, watch out!
Just a thought, check with Stefan, you never know.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Absolutely, Mike! The important factor here is that you like this watch, it doesn't have to be the best specimen to be able to enjoy. And like you said, if a NOS bezel pops up, watch out!
Just a thought, check with Stefan, you never know.

So true my friend. Would l like to own every Seiko I enjoy in mint NOS condition? Of course but we al no that's not really practicable and mint NOS versions of 30-40 year old watches cost a fortune plus then your to scared to wear them in fear of putting a mark on them. That's why I will buy a watch like this sometimes. Is it beat up ugly? Heck yeah but I am going to play with it and enjoy it and Like I mentioned do a Band-Aid fix on the ugly bezel.

Michael

1 - 15 of 15 Posts