The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really close to buying a Seiko 6138-8020 but I am not sure what I really should be paying. Can anyone help me out?

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
626 Posts
Depends on the 3 C's of horology ..

Condition, condition and condition

And then how much money you have and how much you want it ...

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Taking into consideration the above £100-£1000 :biggrin:

Putting flippancy aside though, I collect 6139's and when I see one I want money is no object within reason. It is a personal limit, how much do I want it and how rich do I feel.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Up to £200 if it is very good with a good bracelet, or up to £100 and then get it serviced etc.and get it how you want, which prolongs the fun and makes it seem more personal.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I've seen ones with smashed dials make £100GBP and mint ones make £600GBP + and I've also seen a chap get £550 for one made up out of aftermarket parts (located in Bath UK so you've been warned! Don't bee jooped!). Be very fussy when buying Seiko chrono's as a lot are made up out of aftermarket parts and others banged together using old junk watches.

·
Registered
912 Posts
As Mike says, £100-£1000. It really depends on condition, both cosmetically and internally. It's a good idea to buy these from a seller that has checked it over, serviced it and made sure all the gaskets are present and correct.
I buy (and sell) these watches and you would not believe how many I get in with missing parts, especially missing pusher gaskets.

The Tokei Zara doesn't seem to command as high a price as it should in IMO, it's perhaps the best 6138 'bargain' out there at the moment....so damn nice.but do expect to pay for a really good one:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts