The Watch Site banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought a dark brown cordovan as well, for a more casual look, but this thing belongs on a black strap.
I agree, great job with the pairing. Unfortunately, living in the UK, I have relatively limited options for straps compared to the U.S. and quite overpriced too. My usual go to is Geckota or Hirsch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I agree, great job with the pairing. Unfortunately, living in the UK, I have relatively limited options for straps compared to the U.S. and quite overpriced too. My usual go to is Geckota or Hirsch.
I’m in the UK. I normally shop on ukwatchstrap or watchbandcenter. There’s tonnes to chose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I’m not sure at the moment, but I’ve just had a watch delivered from Germany and it took around a week. The UK strap site took less than a week.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I’m not sure at the moment, but I’ve just had a watch delivered from Germany and it took around a week. The UK strap site took less than a week.
Thanks a lot, I took a look at the watchbandcenter as I ordered a strap from Geckota and they lost it in the mail. I'm gonna pair this new one with my Alpinist SARB017. These guys offer great value, the strap is quite thick and alos only tapers 20 to 18mm compared to Geckota's 20m to 16mm (both are same price).

·
Special Member
4,533 Posts
Thanks a lot, I took a look at the watchbandcenter as I ordered a strap from Geckota and they lost it in the mail. I'm gonna pair this new one with my Alpinist SARB017. These guys offer great value, the strap is quite thick and alos only tapers 20 to 18mm compared to Geckota's 20m to 16mm (both are same price).

View attachment 449303
Yeh, 16mm is ok on bracelets only, in leather a little girly lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeh, 16mm is ok on bracelets only, in leather a little girly lol

Agreed, I didn't realize that until I read a reviewn
on their website about someone complaining about the 4mm taper.

Anyway, hopefully third time is charm and I can finally get my strap to wear the Alpinist. Geckota's mail went missing twice.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
“Ladies and gentlemen. I give you your Lord and King”.

Seem identical, yet with so many subtle differences. I’m boxing the King and sending him of to the spa next week.

·
Registered
80 Posts
“Ladies and gentlemen. I give you your Lord and King”.

Seem identical, yet with so many subtle differences. I’m boxing the King and sending him of to the spa next week.
Both look brilliant and classy! Although if I had to choose, I'd go for the one on the right, owing to the thicker hour and minute hands.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Both look brilliant and classy! Although if I had to choose, I'd go for the one on the right, owing to the thicker hour and minute hands.
It is slightly more refined in quite a few ways. I’m glad I got the Lord first, as I could fall for it. It then made me appreciate the King more as I could see all its refinements.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts