The Watch Site banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
That’s what I intend to do. I’ve got a Lord Matic coming tomorrow and I’ve ordered a few straps. That should keep me entertained whilst I have the King serviced. I’ve emailed a guy about it already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder how much a service for a vintage watch like this would cost.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That's hefty, more than I expected. But it's a necessary pain I suppose.

To be honest, I thought it be more and I’ve budgeted for more, so I’m ok with it. My other watches would cost between 2 and 3 times that.

·
Registered
80 Posts
To be honest, I thought it be more and I’ve budgeted for more, so I’m ok with it. My other watches would cost between 2 and 3 times that.

Oh wow, that's good then. What are the others in your collection btw?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Oh wow, that's good then. What are the others in your collection btw?

I’ve got a few boutique watches, an Apple Watch and a few forum ones, but my main ones are a Rolex Explorer, a Pelagos and a Tag Heure Carrera Calibre 5

·
Registered
80 Posts
I’ve got a few boutique watches, an Apple Watch and a few forum ones, but my main ones are a Rolex Explorer, a Pelagos and a Tag Heure Carrera Calibre 5

What a great collection. Very good taste, esp the Pelagos. Explorer 1 is my grail watch. Hopefully one day I can the beauty.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
What a great collection. Very good taste, esp the Pelagos. Explorer 1 is my grail watch. Hopefully one day I can the beauty.
They are both great watches. I feel a vintage Grand Seiko would finish the collection off nicely. At the moment I’m just enjoying the journey and learning much about my tastes in vintage watches. I may well sell all the others at a much later date to fund the perfect GS, but that is in the distant future.

·
Registered
80 Posts
They are both great watches. I feel a vintage Grand Seiko would finish the collection off nicely. At the moment I’m just enjoying the journey and learning much about my tastes in vintage watches. I may well sell all the others at a much later date to fund the perfect GS, but that is in the distant future.

Ahhh yeah GS would too it all off. But if you're gonna let go, then you should definitely keep the explorer, such a timeless watch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ahhh yeah GS would too it all off. But if you're gonna let go, then you should definitely keep the explorer, such a timeless watch.

The Explorer is my ‘one watch’ without a shadow of a doubt. It’s the safest watch I own. If I ‘had’ to sell it at some point, I’d never wear a watch again. Hopefully though I’d be able to keep it and the Pelagos and have enough for a vintage GS.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The Explorer is my ‘one watch’ without a shadow of a doubt. It’s the safest watch I own. If I ‘had’ to sell it at some point, I’d never wear a watch again. Hopefully though I’d be able to keep it and the Pelagos and have enough for a vintage GS.

Good man, good choice. I agree, it's a classic. Most of the people go for flashy Rolexes bit I love the explorer for it's understated look. And it keeps its value so well!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Impressed with the box. I’ll use that for a sale later on the year

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The bracelet is 1 link too short . I intended to put it on a strap anyway (2 in the post). Such a pretty watch though. Can’t wait for the KS now. It’s like my birthday. Wait! it was yesterday

·
Registered
80 Posts
The bracelet is 1 link too short . I intended to put it on a strap anyway (2 in the post). Such a pretty watch though. Can’t wait for the KS now. It’s like my birthday. Wait! it was yesterday

That's a classic piece for sure. Indeed, the KS will be even better!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Looks gorgeous, well done. Great combo. There's something timeless about light colored dials and black leather straps.
I bought a dark brown cordovan as well, for a more casual look, but the this thing belongs on a black strap.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts