The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know fake watches have been around for years and don't mind buying a fake as long as you know its a fake and have paid next to nothing for it.
I wont to know if any of you guys know any sellers on ebay who are trusted sellers?

·
Special Member
4,898 Posts
I haven't been at this for long Steve, but been burned a few times on the bay purchasing watches. Mostly because of my inexperience at the beginning of not knowing what to look for or recognizing aftermarket parts from original. And I know you are referring to entire watches, but I think what you are more commonly to come across if starting to get into collecting vintage seikos is poor quality replacement parts. I would suggest to trust the sellers here on the forum first, some of whom also sell on the bay like schillachi61 (Stefan) for parts. I've been able to acquire a few "good buys" on the bay but only after I became a little more experienced. Hope this helps, just my $0.02

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Many of the sellers on ebay who sell large volumes of restored / refurbished Seikos will happily sell you a 'franken' watch with plenty after-market parts, so not strictly a fake, but not the way it left the factory either. The best ebay buys are often from small time or private sellers, you just have to keep your eyes open and know what you're looking at. So do your homework and if you're not sure you can always ask here for a second opinion (but don't link to a live auction). Many of the watches for sale on the trading post here have more honest descriptions than those on ebay, and some members like Mike Mounce or Tom Hickman have very good reputations.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
For parts and used one's

In wanting to just find something to start with or even a working one
this seller is from the Philippines and he is very trust worthy to deal
with ............ Ramon ....... " the watch collector ".
You might even find a ( Treasured One ),up for grabs. Many of us have
got a real find from him. He is very good to deal with and communicate
with also. But he is not online in the weekends, but will get right back on
the week.
Ask around many will recommend him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts