The Watch Site banner
5701 - 5720 of 5741 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have to find out if the MM300 hype is real.

I've asked several members about their MM300's and took the plunge on this SBDX001, the weak YEN made me do it. Seller’s photo:
I'm curious to hear what you think of the 'height' combined with the weight. I had two; one very, very early specimen of the SBDX001, sold it and bought one a few years later again. That one, I sold as well. Design-wise, it's beautiful and both were more accurate than my Rolex Sub 14060. But somehow the model is imbalanced on my wrist. BTW, service won't cost you an arm and a leg. I took it to the official Seiko store here in the Netherlands. And they were fine sending it to Japan for service. Despite the fact that this watch was never officially sold here. It returned within weeks and it costed me 160 euros (2017).

·
Special Member
2,354 Posts
I'm curious to hear what you think of the 'height' combined with the weight. I had two; one very, very early specimen of the SBDX001, sold it and bought one a few years later again. That one, I sold as well. Design-wise, it's beautiful and both were more accurate than my Rolex Sub 14060. But somehow the model is imbalanced on my wrist. BTW, service won't cost you an arm and a leg. I took it to the official Seiko store here in the Netherlands. And they were fine sending it to Japan for service. Despite the fact that this watch was never officially sold here. It returned within weeks and it costed me 160 euros (2017).
Height/thickness along with the weight are the reasons I have decided not to bother going after a Bullhead or something like a Darth Vader. Especially the Bullhead, with its iconic look, would be wonderful to gaze at in the watch box, but would not be practical to wear, for me at least. And too expensive just to gaze at. Having a piece that tall and heavy on the wrist would mean watching out for a lot more than door frames, so anxiety instead of comfort, ultimately. This is pretty much my feeling about the SBDX01/17, too.

·
Special Member
2,685 Posts
I can answer that....it's (the weight / height) is not a big deal at all. Then again, I can wear a Panerai Luminor without issues also and some people would never wear those due to the height. Let's put it this way, a MM300 is not any more cumbersome than a Spork (which I wear with its bracelet). =) One thing to note, I wear sbdx001 primarily with the oem rubber strap.

<* shark >>><

·
Special Member
6,088 Posts
Not that I need more common watches or projects, but sometimes you can’t pass up a good deal. Picked up these 2. The 0903 is listed as parts/repair but in the description it states new battery and running well, that’s a no brainer for under $20. The 6319 I’m hoping the dial really is nice under that crud crystal, looks like a good possibility.
Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory
Watch Clock Watch accessory Measuring instrument Analog watch

·
Registered
110 Posts

The 6458-600A is back after a full service. Should be good for another 38 years now.

The 7548-700C from July ‘81 was recently acquired. Finally got running again. Just needed a battery but couldn’t get the case back off. Freaking thing was the most stuck I’ve ever encountered. Broke my tool trying to get it off. Even my watchmaker, who finally got it off, said it was ridiculous. He had to use penetrating oil and heat (I think) to finally get it. That said this one is very nice for 40 years old and probably hasn’t been worn very much due to whomever owned it last not being able to get the case back off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
6,088 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
I got an email from Seiko on July 1 telling me that my SPB317 was in the mail. Due to me being a few days away (Rammstein concert! Oh man!!!!) the watch too a little longer to arrive... today, around 1PM (local time) it was handed to me!!!

First impression: I like it! It's abslutely made for my 19cm wrist. Not as freaky wobbly as some other Seiko's. And with a 20cm lug width, a lot sleeker as well. The silicone/rubber(?) strap is lightyears ahead of the 'normal' Z22s you see on most Seiko's! Still, I'm not a fan; I wear all my watches on nato straps and I'm hoping for an Uncle Seiko H-bracelet for this watch.

The fact that the 'coin'd edge' of the bezel is slightly tapered (see the profile pic) makes it even a little less in your face. And the crystal is nicer than the normal Hardly. The position of the date is something I have to get used to,, but after an hour or so on my wrist, I do not notice it anymore. The hands are absolutely different from the original 6105. Don't think you'll notice the difference when you wear it. You will notice it!

Anyway, a bunch of pics.

Wood Rectangle Flooring Floor Material property

Flash photography Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Wood

Watch Brown Analog watch Watch accessory Clock

Watch Gesture Finger Thumb Wrist

Watch Analog watch Arm Clock Finger

Vehicle Finger Nickel Gadget Rim

Hand Finger Body jewelry Material property Silver

Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Font

5701 - 5720 of 5741 Posts