The Watch Site banner
5321 - 5340 of 5405 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
well, whenever I am restoring a watch, I attempt to get a new crystal and the bezel (not counting 6139 pogues). There is nothing that transforms a watch more than a refresh of the two items that I don't foresee it going anywhere any time soon...=).

<* shark >>><

You should have posted the before pictures of these as well! then we could really see the transformations.

·
Registered
249 Posts
well, whenever I am restoring a watch, I attempt to get a new crystal and the bezel (not counting 6139 pogues). There is nothing that transforms a watch more than a refresh of the two items that get banged up the most. Here some examples where I did that (picked up new bezels or as close to new that I could find):

A ding on a bezel is one that can't be "fixed" to look better no matter what in most cases whether it be on the bezel itself or the insert. I just happen to have a -033 bezel sitting in the sock drawer as I don't foresee it going anywhere any time soon...=).

<* shark >>><
I asked because I was thinking the same, but was more worried about the crystal, as nowadays they can do miracles with anything made of ss. So where do you find spare parts for SLA033? Local Seiko AD?

·
Special Member
2,701 Posts
I was asking that myself - couldn‘t find one in the wild. Looks a guy had one for sale some months ago, but that’s it.

·
Special Member
2,282 Posts
I asked because I was thinking the same, but was more worried about the crystal, as nowadays they can do miracles with anything made of ss. So where do you find spare parts for SLA033? Local Seiko AD?
believe it or not, I picked my spare bezel up on the 'bay. I contacted a forum member here who was sold out; so, to the bay I went and it was there for a good price according to the same forum member that I first contacted.

<* shark >>><

·
Special Member
2,701 Posts
Thanks Mike. Looking forward to see and hold it in real. It’s the third time I found one of these, or perhaps they do find me. Considering that they are quite rare, three is close to a little miracle…😁

·
Registered
27 Posts
Something pretty old... View attachment 479411
Long time since I have seen another Unique. I have this one in my collection:

But yours is very nice!

But I have a Seiko Fairway in the mail. I have to see how old it really is, but I guess early 60's.

And a less old Seiko Digiana. You hardly see those anymore, and I was able get my hands on one.

And more watches are in the mail. A very old Elgin pocketwatch, some Seiko stopwatches, a spare watch to get my King Quartz 5855-5000 running and to top it of, a Seiko travel clock.

·
Special Member
1,709 Posts
Nice watches/clocks you have there! :)

I cleaned up the crystal of the Unique a little and got a strap for it and it looks a lot nicer than I thought it would.
The overall condition is amazing and what amazed me even more is how accurately this watch keeps time . . . right on the button so far! I'm pretty sure it is one of the early ones (somewhere between 1955-57), as it has no serial (haven't taken the back off to look, though) and no mention of jewels on the dial. I read somewhere the early ones didn't have serial numbers on them.
It is, however, pretty small (maybe 31mm w/o crown) and has 16mm lugs.
An impressive and fascinating bit of Seiko history, and for me still very wearable!

·
Special Member
3,232 Posts
Not a Seiko, but interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5321 - 5340 of 5405 Posts