The Watch Site banner

5041 - 5060 of 5073 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Well it landed yesterday, it’s certainly beaten to heck. The dial lume colour is pretty great though. Dial is dirty but just debris from some rusty screws. Bezel click spring and ball missing, bezel pip appears to be from different brand (?) hands are rough. It wasn’t running but just has some debris in and fired right up after removing a few bits. Crown tube threads are beat and does not even half a turn.

Maybe worn on the right wrist!

New crown tube, bezel click, bezel lume window, service and seals, crystal, hand clean up and relume and it should be good to go. Thought it was cheap but with that list, not so sure now...

·
First Lady
1,201 Posts
Won this for $100.00 on the bay, an SKX015, on a brand new Jubilee, that has been refurbished and serviced, so I am psyched. Hands are original. Coming on a slow boat from somewhere. Shipping time is ridiculous, but it’s not like I have nothing to wear, in the meantime... lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
This came up on a Seiko FB sale group for a similar price when new. I have been looking for the Dawn Grey Samauri to go with my Turtle but the prices have been way to high. This was very reasonable with the full kit so I picked it up. It’s my first Samauri so I’m not convinced of the case shape yet but I love the hobnail dial. I immediately put it on a spare blue silicon strap I have which is much more appealing to me. I have an orange one on order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
This just in yesterday from John. It’s already started a commotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
1,900 Posts
picked up a great beater. I've wanted one forever, but something always seemed to get in the way....negotiated a decent price; so, I took the leap. anyone know where I can find the unobtainium bezel?

<* shark >>><

·
Special Member
11,731 Posts
picked up a great beater. I've wanted one forever, but something always seemed to get in the way....negotiated a decent price; so, I took the leap. anyone know where I can find the unobtainium bezel?

<* shark >>><
what's wrong with that bezel?

·
Special Member
11,731 Posts
Reactions: CombatID

·
Special Member
1,900 Posts
what's wrong with that bezel?
if you look closely, there is interior wear from the 0 in the 50 to a bit past the 12 o'clock marker. there is also a gouge at 21. you're probably right and I'm jumping the gun; I really don't mind a beat up bezel or case, but I like to be the one who put on the scars. =)

<* shark >>><

5041 - 5060 of 5073 Posts