The Watch Site banner

4961 - 4980 of 4989 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
And the bracelet is likely divinely comfortable, the ones on my KQ's and GQ are. Well done.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
It's a little big, but I probably won't re-size because I'm thinking of selling it (honestly, TBD) - leave that decision to the next guy.

Thank you!

JR

·
Special Member
2,969 Posts
Seiko Spirit 5S21
Finally got my paws on one of these.
Nice Ssssmmmmooooth second hand !! Ordered a strap for it too.

View attachment 459105 View attachment 459106

@SCOTT .... It looks like you actually started the "What Seiko do you have in the mail?" way back in 2015 and now this thread has over 5,000 comments and has been viewed over 226,000 times. It is the most Popular Thread in the History of the Forum. Thank You Sir! But I have to ask - Did it take all this time and 5 years before you finally had a "Seiko in the mail?" :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a few NOS 6139-6010 Bracelets that are looking for watches so I just bought this one. I like Blue ;) Hard to tell the condition from the Seller's photos but the price was right :)

The 6139-6010 NOS Bracelets that I bought earlier this year.

I was bidding on this auction before it was abruptly cancelled and relisted for buy it now.
I asked the seller what’s up with thats since I would’ve bid more.

Here is the reply :cry:

“Thanks but I need the money to pay my Rent...Having a hard time due to the Covid~19....Got layed off and Unemployment doesn't pay the bills....“

·
Special Member
2,969 Posts
I was bidding on this auction before it was abruptly cancelled and relisted for buy it now.
I asked the seller what’s up with thats since I would’ve bid more.

Here is the reply :cry:

“Thanks but I need the money to pay my Rent...Having a hard time due to the Covid~19....Got layed off and Unemployment doesn't pay the bills....“

@boostchrono My apologies if I ended up buying the watch you were interested in. The seller was Very Friendly, Quick to Reply to my Questions, and a Complete Pleasure to Deal With. He also shipped the watch out within 2 hours of my payment and already left me positive feedback on the transaction. The Seiko Is In The Mail.

As the saying goes "You Can't Eat a Watch"

·
Registered
130 Posts
@boostchrono My apologies if I ended up buying the watch you were interested in. The seller was Very Friendly, Quick to Reply to my Questions, and a Complete Pleasure to Deal With. He also shipped the watch out within 2 hours of my payment and already left me positive feedback on the transaction. The Watch Is In The Mail.

As the saying goes "You Can't Eat a Watch"

Kyle, I understand, at the end of the day the price was agreed upon by buyer and seller. And to be honest while I think it was a good deal, you did still offer a fair value considering the seller did not know what he has.

I’m more taken aback by the reasoning to sell it right away. This is the second time this week eBay seller told me that they have to sell it right away due to very difficult financial situation.

When I buy an interesting vintage watch from original owner I usually try to ask the seller for the history or provenance and have heard some really interesting stories. But seems lately the back story is sadder than what I would like to hear...

·
Special Member
2,969 Posts
In the right hands and restored with a new crystal and bracelet A Vintage Seiko Radiant Blue Watch Is a Thing of Joy. Difficult times... Yes. Sad times... Absolutely. But Optimism and Beauty remains. Just looking at a Seiko Radiant Blue Dial brings a smile to my face - I don't see how anyone can remain pessimistic after looking at a Seiko Blue Dial - the Bright Color and Radiance are So Uplifting :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
This lot arrived on the slow boat from Japan this week. One was a bit smaller than anticipated something must have got lost in translation.

I bought the H449 for the spare module but it is pristine, not even any gunk, so I am loath to pull it apart. Fortunately I don't need the module yet so I can leave it as it is.

When buying one of these early solar watches which has been advertised as junk one desperately hopes that it will do this in strong light :

Happy days! Now for a new capacitor. It looks like Seiko alignment issues stretched beyond chapter rings.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,974
@SCOTT .... It looks like you actually started the "What Seiko do you have in the mail?" way back in 2015 and now this thread has over 5,000 comments and has been viewed over 226,000 times. It is the most Popular Thread in the History of the Forum. Thank You Sir! But I have to ask - Did it take all this time and 5 years before you finally had a "Seiko in the mail?" :)
@ bigbluekyle & everyone :
Yes it was me that started the thread in 2015 (Tempus Fugit !!) & I remember the watch I posted but it wasn't the
1st Seiko I had in the mail. I have around 80 Seikos now & it's time to do a recount.
Thanks for the stats bbk,interesting ! & your welcome !

CHEERS !!

·
Special Member
2,969 Posts
^ ^ ^ Considering this is your 1st 6139 I would say you did exceptionally well. Early SpeedTimer, T Dial, Frosted matte hands, 2 pc sweep, correct 21J A, notched case. Not so sure about the crown. Watch looks to be in Excellent condition with nice lume and no corrosion to the Hands. With a New Crystal and perhaps a better indicator ring you will have a Big Winner.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thanks for the comprehensive answer, very glad to hear is complete original, I probably checked half of this when I bid, I'm a dress watch guy mostly. I think the crown is ok too, here's a pic from the ad:

^ ^ ^ Considering this is your 1st 6139 I would say you did exceptionally well. Early SpeedTimer, T Dial, Frosted matte hands, 2 pc sweep, correct 21J A, notched case. Not so sure about the crown. Watch looks to be in Excellent condition with nice lume and no corrosion to the Hands. With a New Crystal and perhaps a better indicator ring you will have a Big Winner.

4961 - 4980 of 4989 Posts