The Watch Site banner

4901 - 4908 of 4908 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Almost had a heart attack when this came in the mail today.

Fortunately the content inside is safe.

Why some eBay seller do this I just don’t get.
The plastic bag is the only packing material on it. If it wasn’t partially caught to the package adhesive the watch would’ve been long gone.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,619 Posts
I'd say our little group is going to corner the market on Pogues and related watches ....

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'd say our little group is going to corner the market on Pogues and related watches ....
You might be right. Last year I lucked into a silver "resist" at a good price. I knew it would need some work -- I could see lume rot, a faded rotating ring, aftermarket hands, and signs of a junk chrono wheel. I also suspected other ailments related to the hand replacement; when the date changes at 5:00, there's a pretty good chance that whoever installed the hands didn't know what they were doing.

But the price was right and the dial wasn't beyond redemption:

So I shipped it off to Simon with a bag of parts. He finished it up recently and it arrived today. Not a bad transformation, I think:

·
Premium Member
10,619 Posts
wowzers that is gorgeous - What's cool is that all of these watches are getting scooped up by our forum members and getting properly restored back to their full glory. Well done. (y)

Reactions: WaNGARAI
4901 - 4908 of 4908 Posts