The Watch Site banner

4781 - 4793 of 4793 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Bought a third 7546 to steal the mainplate for my 7548 project watch. And once again, I’m not sure I can bring myself to destroy it. They are fine looking watches. This one the second hand twitches which is a great sign, just needs a service and proper clean up, this is after taking about half a pound of dirt off the case before I dared to take the back off.

And with this one in a sort of mini-lot came a 6922. Never had one of these before; not sure how long it will stay with me but Seiko certainly can do a blue dial whatever model it is. This pic is after the case has been 30 mins in a hot ultrasonic following a pre-clean to the case. Needs a new crystal and gaskets and the movement is sticky, runs a bit then stops so it needs a service.

Both came on original and correct bracelets which have had about half an hour so far in a very hot US bath after a pre-clean. The US now looks like a decent mulligatawny soup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I was in a similar position with this 7546 purchased for spares. Just can't bring myself to break it up!

20200716_105340.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just arrived. Amazon listing said it was a Japan only release.
Came from Japan and was wrapped in Japanese newsletters so feeling pretty confident it’s real. Came with a manual, tag and that’s it. The box was generic.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
This just came in from an invaluable auction (thanks Ewand)! I have never had one of these before. This big helmet case is bizarre. Needs a service but it works well. Maybe the case is a bit polished?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Unff, that's gorgeous.

I have this in the mail. It's not truly seiko, but with the 2019 limited priced at $3,000, and the 2020 mass version at $1,300, I went with the steeldive homage. I have other true turtles (the 6105 is NOT a turtle, no matter the marketing nonsense), had to try the 6105.

I also have an SRP turtle PADI in the mail, gave in to that temptation. I need to get back to my 7A28 roots, but these new iterations are so tempting at good prices.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
First project I've bought in a while. I've been wanting a Sea Urchin and couldn't resist this one for the price. It needs a little TLC, but what fun is it to buy a ready to wear watch?

·
Registered
22 Posts
First project I've bought in a while. I've been wanting a Sea Urchin and couldn't resist this one for the price. It needs a little TLC, but what fun is it to buy a ready to wear watch?
So I am catching up on years (20+) out of collecting; what defines a "Sea Urchin?" It looks like it has a 7s36 movement, which I am still vague on what that is vs. a 26. I see it's 100m/5 Sport but what does that really translate into in late 90s/2000's vintage? I have googled some of these questions but don't understand fully despite what I read.

That's a very attractive watch so I don't mean disrespect, just trying to learn. Apologies if the wrong sub-forum. I sea the "Sea-Urchin" nickname but don't quite get what it defines.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I am catching up on years (20+) out of collecting; what defines a "Sea Urchin?" It looks like it has a 7s36 movement, which I am still vague on what that is vs. a 26. I see it's 100m/5 Sport but what does that really translate into in late 90s/2000's vintage? I have googled some of these questions but don't understand fully despite what I read.

That's a very attractive watch so I don't mean disrespect, just trying to learn. Apologies if the wrong sub-forum. I sea the "Sea-Urchin" nickname but don't quite get what it defines.
My understanding is that it is the particular model you see in the picture above

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
It is the models with thist particular dial and bezel style. You have different color variants but they are all nick named sea urchin. Who picked the nick name and why they are called sea urchin i wouldnt know, these nick names are often arbritrary. Perhaps it was because of the spikey bezel markers from 0 to 20.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unff, that's gorgeous.

I have this in the mail. It's not truly seiko, but with the 2019 limited priced at $3,000, and the 2020 mass version at $1,300, I went with the steeldive homage. I have other true turtles (the 6105 is NOT a turtle, no matter the marketing nonsense), had to try the 6105.

I also have an SRP turtle PADI in the mail, gave in to that temptation. I need to get back to my 7A28 roots, but these new iterations are so tempting at good prices.

View attachment 453044
Ha! Haven't been on here in ages, but I just stumbled across this and had to reply...because these were two of my three most recent purchases! Couldn't be happier--the steeldive will be a great everyday beater, and I am currently wearing the PADI. I love it more every time I put it on; photos really don't do that dial justice.

4781 - 4793 of 4793 Posts