The Watch Site banner

4761 - 4780 of 4793 Posts

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
May 1969 6139-6000 on its way from Italy....

Jim I'm thinking that looks like a CRC (chrome rimmed crystal). If so being mounted on a late May '69 is an important data point. I have previously not seen one after April 1969.

Let us know about this when it arrives please !

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Jim I'm thinking that looks like a CRC (chrome rimmed crystal). If so being mounted on a late May '69 is an important data point. I have previously not seen one after April 1969.

Let us know about this when it arrives please !
No it doesn't have a chrome rimmed crystal, - it does have the early matt hands which is nice to see.
The watch is in good condition but needs a service. So, it's off to Duncan today!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Reactions: SennieG

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
well done - that is a beautiful "true" Pogue.

Reactions: SennieG

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I got this unexpectedly with a low bid on Invaluable (their pics)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
I got this unexpectedly with a low bid on Invaluable (their pics)

still green with envy.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
Or gray?

I'm red/green color blind. I'll pretend it's green. and a pretty shade of green it is!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I'm red/green color blind. I'll pretend it's green. and a pretty shade of green it is!
I’ll go with that!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Bought a third 7546 to steal the mainplate for my 7548 project watch. And once again, I’m not sure I can bring myself to destroy it. They are fine looking watches. This one the second hand twitches which is a great sign, just needs a service and proper clean up, this is after taking about half a pound of dirt off the case before I dared to take the back off.

And with this one in a sort of mini-lot came a 6922. Never had one of these before; not sure how long it will stay with me but Seiko certainly can do a blue dial whatever model it is. This pic is after the case has been 30 mins in a hot ultrasonic following a pre-clean to the case. Needs a new crystal and gaskets and the movement is sticky, runs a bit then stops so it needs a service.

Both came on original and correct bracelets which have had about half an hour so far in a very hot US bath after a pre-clean. The US now looks like a decent mulligatawny soup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Poet Laureate
848 Posts
I've been holding out for this particular Bellmatic. I didn't come cheap, for a Bell, but it's the funkiest color scheme so I went for it. Everything look ok?

4761 - 4780 of 4793 Posts