The Watch Site banner

4721 - 4731 of 4731 Posts

·
Registered
25,445 Posts
Actually no Todd's has a perfectly preserved chrono and sub hands. They're suppose to be the same color but for some reason they fade differently. And I see that rubber blob on the center sweep as an indicator that it hasn't been serviced ever.

@Seiko Shepherd congrats T! Beautiful specimen, a new crystal and maybe a bezel(unnecessary if you ask me) and it'll come out looking brand new!

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk
Ah, Good to know. 6139's aren't in my collection. As I really haven't an interest in them. Thanks for the info ^^^ :)

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
You’ve got great taste, T -
That model Speed Timer is a favorite of mine also.
I was watching that one but didn’t bid, look forward to seeing how it progresses once received.
Wow, that looks a very nice example! With the original bracelet and a service it should be outstanding.
Actually no Todd's has a perfectly preserved chrono and sub hands. They're suppose to be the same color but for some reason they fade differently. And I see that rubber blob on the center sweep as an indicator that it hasn't been serviced ever.

@Seiko Shepherd congrats T! Beautiful specimen, a new crystal and maybe a bezel(unnecessary if you ask me) and it'll come out looking brand new!

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk
Yes, that will be the bees knees when you get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent taste, as always, T.
Thank you Gentlemen! Appreciate all your positive feedback.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I know, I know, shipping is going to be a killer for this once Japan Post is running again, but I've been wanting one for a long time and the price was right.

Picked up this beater 7548 for a project, and it's listed as a runner, I think the dial and hands while faded, look good based on the pics, the crystal is shot.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Three expected next week. All working and for the price of less than a slab of beer each. Gold 6309 will be my donor watch for my barn find 7040 project. 7546 TV quartz is future proofing spares watch for my 7548 divers. The last one another TV dial has the 6119 movement which comes in handy for my other 6119s if and when needed.

s-l1600dred.jpg s-l1600xd.jpg s-l1600ded.jpg
$_3.JPG

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
SRPD31K1
It's a lot like the SARB017 Alpinist, but without all the things that I dislike about the Alpinist (like the blingy green dial with gold hands and markers, unprotected bezel controller crown etc.). I love the short lugs, the domed crystal, and the recessed crown set at 4 o'clock.

It's what a field watch should look like.

View attachment 450997

That's a very unique model I've never seen / heard of ;-)

4721 - 4731 of 4731 Posts