The Watch Site banner

4681 - 4700 of 4737 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
You're in trouble now that you've discovered the KQ's!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
There’s sooo many of them . I’ve started conservative. Was looking at an integrated bracelet model, but got cold feet. May get one in the future. How do you find the bracelet? They do look amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
That's a sweet 7546, I had that one on my watch list. Same seller has a very good SGP one too.

I got it at a great price. I’m new to the quartz side of things. What’s an ‘SGP’?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ah! Quick Google, ‘Seiko Gold Plated’. I’m not so sure about gold plating. I might consider a gold capped if I found the right one.

·
Registered
283 Posts
There’s sooo many of them . I’ve started conservative. Was looking at an integrated bracelet model, but got cold feet. May get one in the future. How do you find the bracelet? They do look amazing

The bracelets are very nice, put most everything else from the era to shame.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Last year I picked up what I expected to be a 6139A parts watch. It turned out to be a running 6139-6009 with a very nice dial and handset, but no caseback. Last night this turned up on the auction site:

Hard to get excited about a beater like this unless you’ve spent the last several months looking for a 6139-6009 caseback.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Once I bought a black-dial Jumbo and realized how much I liked it, I've been looking for one with the the petrol blue dial. A decent looking example popped up a few weeks ago, so I bought it. It arrived today ... needs some lume work on the minute hand and a new bezel/crystal, but generally it looks pretty good next to its more common sibling:

·
Special Member
4,608 Posts
Once I bought a black-dial Jumbo and realized how much I liked it, I've been looking for one with the the petrol blue dial. A decent looking example popped up a few weeks ago, so I bought it. It arrived today ... needs some lume work on the minute hand and a new bezel/crystal, but generally it looks pretty good next to its more common sibling:

View attachment 450784
Nice! I have a petrol dialed jumbo. A really cool watch.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
4681 - 4700 of 4737 Posts