The Watch Site banner

4621 - 4640 of 4658 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I just picked up this today from a lot of four watches being sold by a local seller. It seems to be completely original, every function works and it has been running on my table for the last several hours losing about a minute so it’s in need of a basic service. I know little about the 6106-7107 but they started in 1969. I assume that it was several months prior to my December month?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just picked up this today from a lot of four watches being sold by a local seller. It seems to be completely original, every function works and it has been running on my table for the last several hours losing about a minute so it’s in need of a basic service. I know little about the 6106-7107 but they started in 1969. I assume that it was several months prior to my December month?

Awesome find! Technically Seiko’s first orange Diver watch. i got one too!

·
Registered
80 Posts

From the serial, it looks like it was manufactured on Dec 1969.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
From the serial, it looks like it was manufactured on Dec 1969.

Yes, exactly, but when did the first ones come out?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Awesome find! Technically Seiko’s first orange Diver watch. i got one too!

Wow! What a difference a new crystal makes huh?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Picked up last week off the auction site, dates to July 1969.

It needed a bezel, which I had, and will need some work on the movement (running, but no chrono functions). The crystal is junk but the case and dial are good and the inner bezel rotates properly; the hands will need a relume. Still, it looks all original and most of these seem to be either silver or black -- I haven't seen the blue dial very often.

·
Premium Member
9,125 Posts
Picked up last week off the auction site, dates to July 1969.

View attachment 449117

It needed a bezel, which I had, and will need some work on the movement (running, but no chrono functions). The crystal is junk but the case and dial are good and the inner bezel rotates properly; the hands will need a relume. Still, it looks all original and most of these seem to be either silver or black -- I haven't seen the blue dial very often.
Niiiiice.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My last Zenmarket parcel was posted on April 10th and tracking still shows it hasn't moved from the Kadoma Osaka station since. It is an EMS package.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Wow, that's crazy. I would recommend chasing up after it. Mine got posted in Japan and got delivered in the UK in 6 days (including the weekend).

4621 - 4640 of 4658 Posts